Author Topic: Hi  (Read 9139 times)

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 09:10:06 am »
fingers, toes and eyes - all are crossed!!!!  ;D
remind him that greyhounds are a little more laid back than your average whippet!!!
"The life given us by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal."
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005, 04:52:55 am »
 :)Hi Heather,
Greyhounds are the most loving dogs I have ever seen. I am new to the breed having only had Jessica since mid December and Oz since Feb. 5th. I have been to several events with Jessica and Oz, weill 1 more with Jessica before we got Oz. They are just great with everyone old and young alike. I am not surprise the greyhound you were petting wanted to follow you. They follow those they bond with. They become a like a shadow. I would tell your brother in law he might want to foster a greyhound to see how similar they are to whippets. I think if he is like my husband he will fall in love with the first greyt he meets. My husband was always into big dog but more into German Sheppards, now it is greyhounds for him. He has bonded so much with Oz, it is like seeing a man with his son. We don't have children but Oz just cuddles with him just like a toddler would. You might want to get a greyhound yourself once your beautiful Ranger gets older. Greyhounds like company but I don't think it has to be another greyhound.

Toni
Toni

Greyhounds are great

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2005, 04:54:06 am »
It was more from the song, Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh MY.

Toni
Toni

Greyhounds are great

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2005, 04:59:39 am »
That is so sad about those poor greyts. They are lucky to have found homes with your groups. I hope they all find good homes. It just kills me when I see a greyhound cross that they have in the newspaper for sale as a hunting dog. Lets face it they are a sight dog do you really think they are going to come back or just continue going after something they see in the distance. Anyone who would think a greyhound would make a good hunting dog needs there head examined. Advice on the puppies it is best to keep them together they need lots of play if you have 2 of them together they can play and get tired together. Jessica who was only 2 1/2 when we got Oz did and does not like to play enough for Oz.

Toni
Toni

Greyhounds are great

dohertyswissy

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 11:36:46 am »
Fostering a greyhound sounds like a great idea!  And also I KNOW it'll get him hooked!  Plus, I get a greyhound to play with!!! 

Thanks for sharing all your greyhound stories and for the compliment on my boy!

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2005, 04:23:44 am »
 :) You know what you get when you adopt a greyhound? Another greyhound. You can't stop with one, we have 2 and once we move to a bigger place with a bigger yard we will foster a dog. They are just wonderful dogs. It's funny at times they are more cat like than dog like if that makes sense. Unlike other big dogs you can put food between 2 fingers and they will eat it without biting you. No more put it in the palm of your hand and hope you don't get caught by teeth.

Toni
Toni

Greyhounds are great

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2005, 10:03:11 pm »
:) You know what you get when you adopt a greyhound? Another greyhound. You can't stop with one, we have 2 and once we move to a bigger place with a bigger yard we will foster a dog. They are just wonderful dogs. It's funny at times they are more cat like than dog like if that makes sense. Unlike other big dogs you can put food between 2 fingers and they will eat it without biting you. No more put it in the palm of your hand and hope you don't get caught by teeth.

Toni
Toni

Greyhounds are great