Author Topic: Pictures From Sunday's Dog Show  (Read 18220 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Pictures From Sunday's Dog Show
« on: January 29, 2006, 02:31:17 am »
We had a great time at the Golden Gate Kennels's annual dog show in San Francisco on Sunday, it was a great event.  We unfortunately had to leave Drake and Yogi at home, but they enjoyed each others company.  We arrived just in time to catch the Newfoundland judging and we got to see our favorite breed strut their stuff.  Afterwards, we wandered around, eating lots of food, browsing through the many vendors and meeting many of the different breeds that were on display.  Of course, we had to spend some time at the Newfoundland booth and we got to talk to some of the breeders that we know.  We also got to meet a really sweet Brown Newf named Seamus.  It was great to see a lot of the artwork I had created for the 2005 Newfoundland Specialty and the Health & Rescue society.  It's one thing to create artwork but it's a whole other thing to see a complete stranger wearing it on their clothes.   Afterwards, we returned home to our boys.  We fed them some Prime Rib bones from the night before and then we took them swimming in the Bell Marin Keyes in Novato.  They quickly forgave us for leaving them behind to hang out with other dogs all day.  Enjoy the pictures!
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
Re: Pictures From Sunday's Dog Show
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 08:59:59 am »
We had a great time at the Golden Gate Kennels's annual dog show in San Francisco on Sunday, it was a great event.  We unfortunately had to leave Drake and Yogi at home, but they enjoyed each others company.  We arrived just in time to catch the Newfoundland judging and we got to see our favorite breed strut their stuff.  Afterwards, we wandered around, eating lots of food, browsing through the many vendors and meeting many of the different breeds that were on display.  Of course, we had to spend some time at the Newfoundland booth and we got to talk to some of the breeders that we know.  We also got to meet a really sweet Brown Newf named Seamus.  It was great to see a lot of the artwork I had created for the 2005 Newfoundland Specialty and the Health & Rescue society.  It's one thing to create artwork but it's a whole other thing to see a complete stranger wearing it on their clothes.   Afterwards, we returned home to our boys.  We fed them some Prime Rib bones from the night before and then we took them swimming in the Bell Marin Keyes in Novato.  They quickly forgave us for leaving them behind to hang out with other dogs all day.  Enjoy the pictures!

beautiful photos
i didnt think brown newfies were exceptable colors

did you know,,,,,,,stay away from any foods with beet pulp.  will cast a red hue to a black dog
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 09:01:23 am »

Great shots!

I would so love to enter a benched show.

I've been to Westminster, but I've never shown where the dogs are benched.

:D

I love the swim shots too!
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 09:02:02 am »
awwww yogi and drake looked like they probably had a pretty good time while the rents were gone!  ;) soo cute!!  thanks for sharing the pictures of the dog show!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 10:17:06 am »
I love that it is a benched show, how cool. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 03:51:18 pm »
Here's some more shots from the show.  We had such a great time, Bench shows are the best!  Being able to pet the dogs and talk to breeders was wonderful.  It was good to see that there are so many dog lovers out there.  :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 03:53:00 pm by Newf Lover »

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 04:04:19 pm »
Cool!  I love the pics. 

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 04:06:09 pm »
Shoot!  Next year we HAVE to go up for it!  It looks like so much fun!  It also looks like it wasn't too crowded so it was easy to get around!  Maybe we should plan a BPO meet 'n greet next year!  Is it always on that weekend?

rickysmom1

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 04:21:53 pm »
We went to the show on Sun. as well, but I forgot to bring my camera. It was the 1st time we had ever been to a dog show let alone a benched show and I have to say we had a blast. It was especially awesome being able to pet the dogs and talk to the owners about there dogs. We spent more time in the benching area than actually watching the judging. We're definitely going to go next year and I will try and not forget the camera.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 05:00:40 pm »
Shoot!  Next year we HAVE to go up for it!  It looks like so much fun!  It also looks like it wasn't too crowded so it was easy to get around!  Maybe we should plan a BPO meet 'n greet next year!  Is it always on that weekend?

It actually was pretty crowded, those pictures are a little misleading.  We got there early so we could see the Newfs being judged and the crowds hadn't arrived yet.  But within a few hours the place was PACKED!!!  But it was still a blast, free dog food and snack samples, free kibble scoops, tons of literature, tons of things to spend your money on.  That is a smart industry to get into, people were just shelling out the money right and left.  It is the same weekend every year and BPO meet & greet there wouldn't be too bad of an idea, but it isn't a great event to keep a crowd together in.   Whatever, maybe next year?  I'll be there, getting more kisses from Seamus!  ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 05:18:30 pm »
those are cool pics.  It's weird seeing a room full of the same kind of dog...especial ly the newfs.  They look so cool! 

Oh and I love the English Sheep Dogs. 

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 07:52:47 pm »
Wow, great pics.  I've never been to a bench show, it looked like alot of fun.

I love the pic of the irish wolfhounds.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006, 02:18:56 am »
Awesome pictures, I just messaged Newf Lover and said how those pictures make me want 3+ more newfs in our household. Can't wait for that time.

Offline Newfer

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 05:38:46 pm »
We were also at the show, benched with our 7 month old little Newfy boy Dozer.  And I guess I could insert BRAG here>

He actually took Best of Winners (2 points) on Saturday and Reserve Winners on Sunday. 

We were completely shocked!  Puppies rarely get a look, let alone the points, but the Judge seamed to really like what he saw.  We thought it would just be a weekend of "getting some ring experience and making it fun for him"  We were very pleasantly surprised.

None of our pictures of him in the ring came out, but here are a few others.  Grooming the night before the show and on the bench (red bib) with his littermate sister ready for the ring.  I'm anxious to see how his official photo witht he judge turns out   :D

~Newfer

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 05:42:04 pm »
He's magnificent!!!  Congrats on a great win!  How old is he??