Author Topic: Pictures From Sunday's Dog Show  (Read 18221 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures From Sunday's Dog Show
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 05:46:08 pm »
Benched shows are the greatest!  All those doggies held captive at the mercy of my petting...   (insert evil chuckle)

We only got to go to the big dog show in Detroit one year, but that was a benched show, and that was really something to see.  We have a semi-large show here in San Diego (well, at least it is the largest show that we get in San Diego), but it isn't benched so it is kind of hit and miss as to seeing your breeds of choice.  I usually go in the morning and stay most of the day...

*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Newfer

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 05:54:02 pm »
How old is he??

He is only 7 months old.  Already taller than his momma and catching up to our 5 year old boy Tank.  Both of which are next to him in my profile picture here.

~Newfer

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 05:54:55 pm »
WOW!  A really big boy!  He is gorgeous, as are all three of them!!! :D :D

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 07:33:30 pm »
We were also at the show, benched with our 7 month old little Newfy boy Dozer.  And I guess I could insert BRAG here>

He actually took Best of Winners (2 points) on Saturday and Reserve Winners on Sunday. 

We were completely shocked!  Puppies rarely get a look, let alone the points, but the Judge seamed to really like what he saw.  We thought it would just be a weekend of "getting some ring experience and making it fun for him"  We were very pleasantly surprised.

None of our pictures of him in the ring came out, but here are a few others.  Grooming the night before the show and on the bench (red bib) with his littermate sister ready for the ring.  I'm anxious to see how his official photo witht he judge turns out   :D

~Newfer

I think the first picture of the second group of pictures I posted on this thread is of Dozer being judged.  I could be wrong.  We thought some of the dogs really looked young and now we know why.  They were all so cute!  Congratulation s on Dozers win!  I wish Newfs could stay that fluffy clean all of the time.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 07:58:17 pm »
great pictures, but we didn't get to see the artwork you designed. Can you post that as well?

And congrats to Dozer he is absolutely gorgeous - no mystery why he won! and you totally deserve bragging rights
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Sami142

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2006, 12:12:22 pm »
Awesome pictures and what  handsome (pretty) Newfs!  I'm jealous of the picture of the dogs swimming.... you just don't see that here in MO.  I'm thinking a trip to CA is in order!  We're going to our first dog show at the end of May in MI.  My daughter will be showing Jinx in conformation and I'll be showing her in obedience.  I'm so excited about the trip!  Can you tell I don't travel much?  haha   Three daughters, a husband, 2 dogs, a cat, and full time College must not have anything to do w/it....   :)

Sami, Jinx, and Rookie
Sami, Jinx, and Rookie

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2006, 05:26:45 pm »
Good luck in the show. We have six days of all breed show the first of March. We did our first show this past November. I was hooked after the first day.

Lisa

We're going to our first dog show at the end of May in MI.  My daughter will be showing Jinx in conformation and I'll be showing her in obedience.  I'm so excited about the trip! 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Sami142

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2006, 06:51:44 pm »
Good luck in the show. We have six days of all breed show the first of March. We did our first show this past November. I was hooked after the first day.

Lisa

Thank you Lisa...Best of luck to you also.  This will be our first show and I just hope we're ready.  It is a big UKC show.  Jinx is spayed because I couldn't commit to showing her to her AKC championship.. .too much traveling for me w/children and such.  But Hannah is going to show her in Juniors in UKC (she'll start classes in April).  We're in obedience classes now.  Have you ever been to a UKC show?  I have heard they're more laid back than the AKC shows.  I have no clue about either one.  Jinx's breeder will be there, so I'm looking forward to meeting her.  Any advice would be great!  Your dogs are beautiful, so I'm sure you'll do great!
One last question...can a spayed female be shown in juniors in an AKC show?
Thanks so much,
Sami
Sami, Jinx, and Rookie

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2006, 07:51:29 pm »
Have you ever been to a UKC show?  I have heard they're more laid back than the AKC shows.  I have no clue about either one

I've been to both UKC and AKC shows (not showing of course, but just as a spectator).  My friend shows her rat terrier in UKC shows, and from my standpoint, and in her opinion as well, UKC shows are much more relaxed than AKC shows.  In fact, alot of the handlers don't even dress up, it's fairly informal, which made me alot more comfortable.  Sometimes at the AKC shows, people can be a bit stuffy (of course not everyone is that way)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2006, 08:08:50 pm »
I am going to ask a really stupid question here.  Exactly what is a benched dog show?  I am guessing that the handlers and dogs are in an area with seating so that the dogs can be seen and petted by the public.  We have the Reliant Dog Show in Houston that has a meet the breed area.  Is that the same thing as a benched show? 

Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2006, 10:57:28 pm »
That isn't a dumb question!  It's a weird term...  A benched show is one where where all dogs are required to stay in an assigned "benching area" for the duration of the show, (except when being exercised, groomed, or exhibited) in order that the public may easily view the exhibits up close and talk to the breeders, owners, and handlers.

At a show that isn't benched, exhibitors can leave once their breed has shown.

Benched shows are cool for the fact that no matter what time you go, you can see all the breeds/dogs entered...  Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 10:58:22 pm by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2006, 12:02:57 pm »
great pictures, but we didn't get to see the artwork you designed. Can you post that as well?

I didn't take any pictures of my artwork, probaly should have, I was too busy petting the doggies.  But they are on the NCNC website homepage.  The Health & Rescue logo on the upper right and the National Specialty logo on the lower left.

http://www.ncnc.org/ncnc_home.htm

They were on posters, hats and T-shirts at the show, it was too cool!
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2006, 05:28:42 pm »
Love the pics.  Congrats on the win!  Keep those pictures coming!  All the pups on this web site are adorable!

Anita & the 3 Newfies