Author Topic: Sahara Update & Pics  (Read 6075 times)

Kiahpyr

Sahara Update & Pics
« on: January 30, 2006, 11:16:36 am »
I took Sahara to the vet yesterday. She weighs 18.6lbs. She is a very healthly puppy. My vet doubts that she had parvo. I told him the whole story of how she got sick on friday and didn't get to the vet until monday. He said with parvo if she didn't get to the vet within 24hrs she would have died. Also that parvo puppies aren't as healthy a week later. He did say that she could of had some other nasty rotovirus. I'm so confused. I am very happy that she is home where she belongs. Let the playing begin!

Sahara is fitting in very well here. Kiah loves having someone to play with. Kiah does get overwhelming for the Sahara. I have to tell Kiah to leave her alone. I thought the puppy would annoy Kiah, boy was I wrong. Sahara does very well in her kennel. She loves to get into and chew on everything!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 11:21:27 am by Tajsa »

Nicole

Re: Sahara Update & Pics
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 11:23:52 am »
Cute pics, April. Did your vet have any opinions on possible breed combinations in little Sahara?

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 11:27:28 am »
It is so great seeing them play together.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 11:27:42 am »
It looks like Kiah loves having a playmate.  She's so cute...it's good to hear she has the clean bill of health.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 12:02:32 pm »
It's so good to see them playing together!  Looks like they're having a great time! :)

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 12:59:01 pm »
I'm so happy to hear that she is healthy and doing well! 

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 04:06:21 pm »
Cute pics, April. Did your vet have any opinions on possible breed combinations in little Sahara?

The vet thinks she is a pyr/german shepard cross. That is okay with me. My mom was raised with german shepards and up until a few years ago my grandparents had one.

Does anyone know how to get Kiah to share? When Sahara has something Kiah immediately goes and takes it away from her. If Sahara doesn't give it up Kiah will growl and get the toy. It's like watching a couple of toddlers.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 04:12:35 pm »
Does anyone know how to get Kiah to share? When Sahara has something Kiah immediately goes and takes it away from her. If Sahara doesn't give it up Kiah will growl and get the toy. It's like watching a couple of toddlers.

Something I learned with Sanity and Araby.  Well everyone and Araby.  Don't F* with the natural order.  It just ends up hurting the puppy in the end.  They get confused by hearing you say that their behavior is OK and the boss dog saying it isn't.  It can lead to more harm than good.  Usually once everyone knows where they belong sharing ensues.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 04:18:36 pm »
I don't do anything. It's just so sad to see Sahara's face. She tries to take the toy back with no luck. Then she lays down and pouts.  :(

(edited to add pic)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 04:45:38 pm by Tajsa »

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 04:48:18 pm »
I know that dispondent look *so* well.  Apollo will take verybody's toys too. He'll also crawl in between the other pups to get to the "human" first when it's attention time. Basically, he's a stinker!

I've found that the more toys you have available, the better. Yep, your house will look like a tornado hit it most times, and it'll be like walking through a mine field in the dark, but hey, no one here's going to mind a bit!  :D ;)

Also, you might designate a "special" toy as Sahara's. Yes, Kiya will paobably try and take it, but give her you're leave-it command ( I use "drop" but everyone's different) and after a while, Kiya will relax about it.

I've got a house with three male dogs. It's a roller-coaster of "who gets to be top-dog today". I don't interfere in the power plays, so long as they don't cross the "humans are gods" rule, but I've found that they each have their own "special" things, and we all try to repect that. Apollo will always get loved on first, Onyx gets to be in the bathroom with Mom when she's bathing (he's such a perv!) and Zeus always gets to win at fetch. (No contest there, realy, he can run circles around a cheetah, I swear!)
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 04:53:44 pm »
She is sooo cute! They look so happy together.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 04:55:12 pm »
Rocco has two stuffed animals that he carries around and sucks the noses.  Maia used to try and take them, he would wail on her everytime now she has learned not to touch those two items.  If she wants Rocco to play during 'sucky time'  I have to tell him to 'leave it' about his animal and then he will play with her for a few minutes until he whines and wants his bear back.

Rocco will randomly try to take things from Maia but if I tell him to leave it and give him something else he will let her be for a little while, then he tries to entice her with a 'better' toy to get her to trade.  If they fight over a toy, I usually let it go until it sounds serious then give a sharp 'NO' and it is over. 

Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2006, 05:03:02 pm »
I am glad that she is fitting in so well. I can't believe that she didn't have parvo. (I am glad that it wasn't parvo too) I sorry that you have to go through all of that pain and worry. And am happy that she is so healthy now.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2006, 05:23:37 pm »
Yea!!!  Look at them together!  They are adorable.
 ;D
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline Sami142

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 07:58:43 pm »
So glad to hear everything's going well... They are so cute together!
Sami, Jinx, and Rookie
Sami, Jinx, and Rookie