Author Topic: Rosie isn't doing so well here ) :  (Read 13701 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Rosie isn't doing so well here ) :
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2006, 09:28:16 pm »
That's wonderful news!!!  Sorta.  Sigh.  Still makes me wonder what kind of person could do things like that to a dog.  Our beloved Thor had teeth broken, old eye injury, split gums, terrified of any movement near his head when he came.  How can people do that??????  I'm so glad she has you now and that you and the trainer are willing to put the time into helping her.  I'm sure she'll blossom with love and care!
I know!!...The trainer said she was a sweet dog with a wonderful temperment she is just very scared...I asked if maybe she was just unsocialized & he said I could be positive that she was badly mistreated...T he poor thing!...I feel bad now that I got frustrated with her...See, Samson & Pippin were my 1st dogs & Rosie makes 3...We just got Samson in Nov. of '04...The only other dog I'd really known was my sister's 1st Collie & he was near perfect...lol. ..What I'm saying is that I don't always see the subtle expressions & body language from a dog such as Rosie...Anyway, I am so happy right now & so glad that I called the behaivoralist right away when Rosie snarfed at Missy...Otherw ise the situation may very well have been out of my control very soon...A side note...Paul said that Rosie was very intelligent!...That I already knew!...lol!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2006, 09:32:22 pm »
Chelle I'm so happy that things are going to work out. She deserves a happy life with you knowing what she's been through.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2006, 01:23:38 am »
Chelle I'm so happy that things are going to work out. She deserves a happy life with you knowing what she's been through.
Thanks April!!!...& we intend on giving her that happy life! :) ...It's sounds like it will be a hard row to hoe but we will be o.k.!

Icerotti

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2006, 09:35:43 am »
Sounds like you have a bit of work ahead of you--but it will be worth every minute ;) Glad to hear things are going to work out for the best ;D

dohertyswissy

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2006, 02:54:26 pm »
That's great news.  Good for you, Gyps!  Rosie will get there with your leadership, discipline, and love!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2006, 07:31:10 pm »
With my new found insight on Rosie I am seeing improvement with her already...Toda y she came up & looked into my eyes for just a moment & licked me on the nose! ;D

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2006, 07:45:05 pm »
Awww, how sweet! :)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2006, 07:48:05 pm »
That is great, Gyps!  She's saying "Thanks, Mom, for believing in me!"
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2006, 07:51:36 pm »
I think so too...I feel so bad that I got so frustrated with her...I am so glad to find out what is going on with her...With some firm rules & training & alot of love & patience we're gonna be just fine...Ya' know, it must be a tremendous relief to Rosie that we are understanding her now.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2006, 07:57:35 pm »
I think so too...I feel so bad that I got so frustrated with her...I am so glad to find out what is going on with her...With some firm rules & training & alot of love & patience we're gonna be just fine...Ya' know, it must be a tremendous relief to Rosie that we are understanding her now.
Yup, I bet you're right.  She is happy and lucky to have you.  And her two cool brothers too...   :D

I think you had every right to feel discouraged and frustrated when you did.  That is so normal.  What was really important was what happened next.  You cleared away the emotional response, and got grounded again, and realized the committment that you had made to Rosie was a lifetime one, not one that is null and void the first time she reacts badly to something.  We went through the same thing with Ranger...

Did I mention how lucky she is to have you?   ;)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2006, 09:29:49 pm »
aaaawwwwwwwwww shucks! ;D I am just fortuante enough to have a wonderful trainer who is passionate about what he does!...But thanks guys! :)  ...You're right Kooks!...It is easy to just chalk that kind of behavior up to a dog trying to be dominant!...I am SO glad I made the call to the trainer right away...Rosie was doing some stuff that I didn't even notice....very subtle things...I just wish everyone has access to a trainer like Paul!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2006, 01:27:38 am »
This is very good!...Rosie came to us with NO training at all...Since the 1st week of Dec. I've been trying to get her to "down" for me...No matter what I did she would not comply...Yeste rday she "downed" for the 1st time for me...Today she has the command nailed!..."Down" is the hardest command to teach a dog because it leaves them vulnerable...I t is no wonder when I didn't understand her she couldn't trust me!...I am SO glad I made that call to the trainer! :)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2006, 09:32:21 am »
That is so amazing and wonderful!  You've made huge progress in such a short time!  Yeeeehawww!  Great news for you, her, your dogs and your family!
Daphne

Icerotti

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2006, 09:43:57 am »
Yeah, glad to hear you are making such great progress. Good work ;D ;D