Author Topic: saint bernard owners.....  (Read 13354 times)

nickerbokker

saint bernard owners.....
« on: May 19, 2005, 03:39:53 pm »
i think you all should order one of these fine lookin accessories!

i am, and angus is SOOO excited!

http://www.sover.net/~newfvt/walnutinfo.html
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 11:36:06 pm by nickerbokker »

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: saint bernard owners.....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 03:35:47 pm »
We have been looking all over for one of those kegs!  We were hoping to find one cheaper, since really it would only be for pictures.  Oh well, I guess it is cooler if it is officially from Switzerland!  I'll post pictures if we get one!

nickerbokker

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 04:44:12 pm »
oh you HAVE to post pix!!!!   plenty of them! 

Offline jazzy's mama

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 05:20:28 pm »
Hi there I am "kind of" new to this site and have been just reading all of the great posts.  We are in the process of getting a St. Bernard and was looking for a keg for when we get him.  I found a site and I believe they are like 50.00 which is a LITTLE cheaper but they are not as fancy.  The site is www.sawdustsai nts.com and on the left hand side four links down it says saint bernard kegs.  Hope maybe this works for you.

Crystal

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 07:47:31 pm »
I eventually want to get Zoey a keg and have considered the site you posted (tyhey have some nice kegs!). I also think people should check out the kegs for sale from the saint rescue league because the proceeds go to help save saints: http://www.saintrescue.org/prod02kegs.htm
RIP former BPO

Offline tundra

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 10:00:45 am »
If you're still looking for a keg for your saint, check out www.tundraskeg s.com.  These are great quality, hand-made kegs.  When we got our first saint, Tundra, 3 years ago, we also had trouble locating a resonably priced keg for her so we decided to make her one ourselves.  And we have been making them for other people as well ever since.  Hope this helped your search.

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 02:20:05 pm »
Bought my Keg from Saint Specialties.  Black Walnut.  Took a few months to come in and was pricey but well worth it.  Came with a nice matching traffic lead.  Maxwell's getting groomed tomorrow so I'll post a photo of him wearing it then.  The groomers will be "blasting" him??  They say they will blow his undercoat off for the summer.  First time trying this.  Has anyone experienced this before?

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 12:50:02 pm »
Here's a photo of Maxwell with his Keg on.  His personality changes when he wears it.  He gets very careful and slow.  It almost calms him down.  Got him groomed and blasted today.  The groomer takes a household vaccuum and reverses it and blows the undercoat right off him.  It was pretty cool!!  He looks great and his fur is nice and thin for the summer.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2005, 01:10:14 pm »
WOW Nicki They are really nice. What a great place. I think we will order Judge one for Christmas.
If you are looking for some a bit cheeper go look on Ebay. There are some nice ones.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2005, 07:32:25 pm »
Maxwell looks so handsome and brave with the keg on. I love it!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005, 08:59:26 pm »
Maxwell is so cute!How old is he?

waffles717

Re: saint bernard owners.....I Love Your KEG!!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 10:39:06 am »
 ::)Hello,I love your Keg,Please send info I need Two,maggie is six,mo & will molly coming next mo,would love to get,one,she get looking!!Have a nice July4,Have A Bang!!! :DL,M,L,&Maggie&Molly!!! :o

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2005, 02:51:11 pm »
Here's the website. www.sover.net/~newfvt/

Maxwell will be one years old on July 12th.  I can't believe it has been a year.  He grew so fast.  I got him when he was two young.  His Mom didn't want to have any more to do with the litter.  He was 5 weeks and 7 lbs when I got him.  (I bought him a cat collar to wear!)  I had to make him a formula because he wasn't eating hard food yet.  He grew so fast!!!!  I weighed him every week and his weight went up like 5-10 lbs per week!!!  What a sweety.  He's really attached to us because we got him so young I think.  My question....wh at grooming tools are your folks using to brush your Saint?  I've seen rakes, strippers, and slickers.  What are you using to get rid of the undercoat?  What works best?