Author Topic: Spayed today  (Read 8807 times)

Offline iluvbigdogz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Spayed today
« on: February 02, 2006, 08:46:22 pm »
Maci my 15 month old mastiff got spayed today. The vet said everything went well. I dropped her off at 8 a.m. and picked her up at 5 p.m. She is still very groggy with very droopy eyes. She has been laying down since we got home. She won't drink any water. I am giving her time but I feel so bad. My male pyr did'nt act that way when he was neutered.  She has been shaking a tiny bit like she has the chills. I have her covered with a blanket. I hope she is ok in the morning.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: Spayed today
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 08:48:24 pm »
Awww, poor Maci!  I'm sure she'll be feeling much better tomorrow.  You're both in our thoughts and prayers anyway.  Give her a nice snuggle for us.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 09:39:32 pm »
Poor her!!!   Maybe try giving her some ice chips (or cubes) to keep her hydrated.  I'm sure she'll feel much better in the morning!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 10:35:03 pm »
Poor girl! I'm sure she'll be just fine. She needs lots of lovin'! I covered Kiah with a blanket too when I brought her home. It seems to take a day for them to feel better.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 10:39:10 pm »
Glad to hear everything went well. She will feel better in no time ;)

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 11:40:32 pm »
She'll be alright, Kate was somewhat similar after her spaying a few weeks ago too.

Definitely try icecubes, Kate took those (and) I covered her in blankets too.  It was funny, cause you could be right beside her saying her name and she would just sleep.  But if I got up and left the room, when I came back she'd be wagging her tail...

I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers regardless, but I'm sure she'll be just fine!  Nothing a lot of TLC won't take care of!  ;)

Offline iluvbigdogz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 09:40:27 am »
Thanks everyone.  She is doing better today.  I got up to check on her last night around 2 a.m. and she was half on and half off the couch sleeping with her head resting on her front legs. Poor thing!  I think it is easy for her to get on the couch but too hard to get off.  Thanks again for all your posts!

k2campbell

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 01:08:06 pm »
Glad to hear Maci is doing better today...

Now the fun part - trying to keep her calm for about a week!  ;)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 02:13:35 pm »
My male pyr did'nt act that way when he was neutered.  She has been shaking a tiny bit like she has the chills. I have her covered with a blanket. I hope she is ok in the morning.

They didn't have to cut him open to get his parts.  Poor gal!  I'm sure in a few days you'll be wishing she had less energy but meanwhile, spoil the poor gal rotten!
Daphne

Offline iluvbigdogz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 02:30:35 pm »
They get cut in a different area. OUCH.  I gave him pain medicine once and he seemed like he did'nt even need it so I did'nt give him anymore.

Offline iluvbigdogz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 10:24:14 am »
Maci is much better now. I am not giving her any pain medication. I think it is a bit much for her. Tahnks to all!!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 10:52:36 am »
So glad THAT'S over!!!  Congrats!!!