Author Topic: Appliance Delivery Tip?  (Read 1503 times)

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
Appliance Delivery Tip?
« on: February 03, 2006, 04:25:20 pm »
Washer and dryer are being delivered today...by a different company than orignally planned.  Sears delivery contractor refused to deliver yesterday because they felt our driveway was too slippery. Don't get me started.
Anyway...husba nd just asked me about tip amount for the delivery guys because he likes to be sure we are on the same page about such things.   We like to have a general amount in mind before the delivery people show up and adjust accordingly based on how it goes.       

- Delivery of washer and dryer < 24 hrs after purchase
- Saturday delivery
- Paid extra for delivery & setup 
- laundry room is on first floor of home so 3 front steps are involved in delivery (no major stairs)
- old washer & dryer are already removed & area is spotless (fear of embarassment on my part)

*not sure what is relevent but added everything I could think of.

-Wendy

"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

k2campbell

Re: Appliance Delivery Tip?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 05:59:18 pm »
If you've already paid extra for delivery and set-up, I'd say $10 or $15...

When we moved we bought a lot of new furniture, all from the same place.  We paid only $50 for delivery & set-up of EVERYTHING (bedroom set (bed, bedside tables, dresser), tv armoire, coffee table, end tables, dining room table & chairs, bar stools) and gave them $30 tip.  They were here for about an hour (plus we live outside of the city).  We thought that was fair and they seemed VERY appreciative of it.

Because you've already paid extra, I think $10 or $15 should cover it.  BUT that's just my opinion!

Offline rickie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Short dogs, but big paws :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 09:40:01 pm »
I think big old dog kisses from Daisy would be good   ;D
Short dogs Big paws

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 09:42:10 pm »
I agree $10-20 tip would suffice ;D