Author Topic: Saint Shaun - not even to chapter 1 and sniffling already  (Read 3124 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Saint Shaun - not even to chapter 1 and sniffling already
« on: February 05, 2006, 12:13:02 pm »
For those of you who are or who have read Marley & Me - I haven't even gotten to chapter 1 yet and I am choked up!!  The percieved Saint hood is alive and well at our house.

My DH has it in his mind that our last dog - St. Stoli the english springer spaniel (who passed 6 years ago) was perfect she was excellent but no saint she ate my $100.00 pair of Amalfi pumps!!  The only pair of expensive shoes I ever bought as a gift to myself for my first real Job -

Anyway she was adorable, could walk without a lead, stayed in our yard, came everywhere with us - this was before kids - and she adored my hubby she could also be a true watchdog with the house and the kids noone she didn't know would get near them...

Then comes Harley - the Flat Coat - the love of my life but while he likes my hubby and all definately my dog - doesn't have a mean or protective bone in his body!! (that we know of).  Is just a naughty boy - steals laundry, counter surfs and will only listed to a command if we are so angry our faces are turning bright red!!!  then MAYBE he will lie down.  I find him amusing husband wants to take him to the ASPCA (not really but keeps asking "Harley do you want to go to lollipop farm?  and of course big dummy wags his tail and runs to the door!!)

Anyway, just wanted to offer the similarities in the book onto chapter 1

Randy