Author Topic: Check the Congress Voting Score  (Read 4776 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Check the Congress Voting Score
« on: February 05, 2006, 02:26:13 pm »
The Defenders of Wildlife Action Fund has posted the voting results from the last batch of Conservation bills that have gone through Congress.  It is pretty interesting to see the results and I am really disappointed in some of the results.  As a registered Republican and an animal lover and Environmentall y concerned citizen, I am disgusted by the voting by Republican Senators and Representative s.  Almost all of them voted No on every single bill.  Granted, some of the bills may need to be reworked, but not ALL of them.  What is the resistance towards Conservation by the Republican party?  It's things like this that are really making me rethink my Party affiliation.  Not to the Democrats, because I totally disagree with many of that party's stances on Domestic issues, but to the Green Party or Liberatarian or some other third party.  I thought some of you would be interested in seeing how the people, who are supposedly representing you, are voting. 

http://action.defenders.org/site/VoteCenter?page=voteList
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 02:27:39 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Check the Congress Voting Score
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 05:03:15 pm »
The Ct people voted yes to most...which is suprising because we're so industrialized .  But it's also more democratic.

It's ridiculous if you actually look into some of the bills that get passed.  There is so much extra stuff in the bill that give certain leeways to certain people. Like one of the big wine families no longer have to pay death taxes was in some important bill or other.  One of my engineering professors was discussing the issues with us.  He's really smart and encourages being involved with everything.  Most of the people who run our countries are idiots.  Watching the Senate Alito confirmation hearing totally disgusted me....their arguments were repetitive and unrelated to what was going on.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 05:12:35 pm »
I totally agree.  The scariest thing is actually seeing some of these Congressman speak.  Many of them can barely walk and they are about a year away from being put into assisted living.  No offense to our countries elderly population, but so many of Congress are out of touch and completely clueless and apathetic to what their constituants want from them.   They have been legislators way too long and they act like they don't have to answer to anyone, I don't know how so many of them get re-elected.  It's really frustrating to watch.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 05:13:34 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 10:18:38 pm »
I totally agree.  The scariest thing is actually seeing some of these Congressman speak.  Many of them can barely walk and they are about a year away from being put into assisted living.  No offense to our countries elderly population, but so many of Congress are out of touch and completely clueless and apathetic to what their constituants want from them.   They have been legislators way too long and they act like they don't have to answer to anyone, I don't know how so many of them get re-elected.  It's really frustrating to watch.

Definitely don't watch CSPAN it's depressing I made that mistake for the Alito hearings gahhh.  I decided our country is definitely run by idiots I think everyone should have to watch it so they realize how stupid the people they're voting for really are.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties