Author Topic: This is so sad  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Titansmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
This is so sad
« on: February 05, 2006, 03:21:54 pm »
Why do people insist that pets have to go to  have a skin kid?
http://boston.craigslist.org/zip/131560443.html

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: This is so sad
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 03:25:35 pm »
man...  that is sad...  He is beautiful too.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 03:26:39 pm »
Poor boy :'(

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 03:37:32 pm »
That's so sad. I have a 2 year old and 2 dogs. I just don't understand it. Every kid needs at doggy.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 03:54:50 pm »
If I were him I would get rid of the wife - she is only going to cause problems later anyway

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 04:40:55 pm »
Just another idiot who never should have owned a dog in the first place.  Poor dog!
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 04:57:49 pm »
That is sooo sad. It drives me nuts that people just get rid of their pets like that. I always tell my husband that he will go before any of the animals will, and he has slept on the couch several nights because Brody won't get out of his spot in the bed.  ;D I have only ever gotten rid of one puppy because of the kids and that was Pita and because I felt that her aggression was going to be a problem. And now she is doing GREAT. The trainer that took her hasn't had a single aggression problem.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 07:40:33 pm »
 ???
That makes no sense...I would understand if the dog was aggressive or something but this makes no sense.  I got Tonka WHILE I was pregnant with Sam.  I had ALWAYS wanted a Dane and when the opportunity presented itself I saw no reason to let it slip by.  I took those 6 months and to work with him and train him (with some help from my daughter  ;D) and I wouldn't trade Tonka for anything.  (I swear he thinks Sam is his baby, when Sam cries he gets up and runs to the bassinet or the swing to check on him and he wants to "groom" him, when Sam starts grunting and squirming Tonka gets upset and brings him dog toys  ::)...it is funny...I need to put Tonka and Sam pics up!)
Anyhoo...this is really sad, poor dog! :'(
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 10:21:32 pm »
I also got my dane Brody while I was pregnant, and living alone in Texas with two special needs boys that we are trying to adopt. Not only was I dealing with two special needs kids, I was having a high risk pregnancy, and Brody was severly abused and neglected.  I didn't have any friends, and no one to help me but Brody has been an awesome dog. I also agree that if the dog is aggressive, like Pita was showing, but there is nothing wrong with this dog.

Stacey- my Brody treats my daughter who is 3 months now like her own baby. She even gives Makaylee all of her dirty toys lol. I am always finding Brody's stuffed toys in Makaylee's swing, bassinet, crib, and even in her toy box. Brody tries to sleep underneath Makaylee's swing but at 8 months old she really doesn't fit.  I love the name Tonka I had a harlequin great dane whose name was Tonka but we lost him at 8 months due to unknown medical reasons. :(
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 01:12:44 am »
If I were him I would get rid of the wife - she is only going to cause problems later anyway

A big AMEN to that!!!!!!!! ;D