Author Topic: Kinda Gross - But Asking Anyhow...  (Read 4329 times)

k2campbell

Kinda Gross - But Asking Anyhow...
« on: February 05, 2006, 09:00:40 pm »
Some of you may know we did the 'switch' for Kate from Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy Formula to Canidea.  Kate LOVES the Canidea, it seems to be much more tasty for her (for now anyhow, may just be because it's new)!  We transitioned very slowly and she's still getting a tiny bit of the Eukanuba with each meal until it's gone...

We've noticed that her poop has changed.  It is firmer for the most part (which is a good thing), but it's changed color and I just want to ensure that's ok?  Her poop was always a dark brown (ew - I know, getting quite technical here) and now it's a lighter brown color.  It's not orange or yellow, just a lighter shade of brown... 

Anyone have experience with "chameleon poop"?  Ha ha - that was bad!  ::)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Kinda Gross - But Asking Anyhow...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 09:02:20 pm »
Poop does color when you change foods. Think about it this way: it's going in a different color, so it comes out a different color
RIP former BPO

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 09:13:58 pm »
As a long-time poopsmith I have to agree, poop changes color when you change foods. A couple of our dogs eat different foods, and I know who's poop is who's out in the yard when I am cleaning up because the color is different. Yes, this is my life!! 8)

k2campbell

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 10:35:52 am »
Thanks Shangrila and Doghealer, I never thought of it that way (in regards to the food's color).  Totally makes sense (DUH)!  ;)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 10:59:09 am »
We used to feed Canidae as well, it did make for some very orange poop with Bava.   Tang Poop! :)
Switched to Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul.  It seems to agree with his tummy better than the Canidae did.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 12:02:12 pm »
Where did you find chicken soup dog food brandon.   You cant find it in mobile
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 10:48:12 pm »
We used to feed Canidae as well, it did make for some very orange poop with Bava.   Tang Poop! :)
[/color]

Ha ha - Tang poop - too funny Brandon! 

Kate's poop is ok (not runny or anything) just the color change.  She seems to be doing great on it though (for now anyhow)!  We'll definitely keep the Chicken Soup in mind should the Canidea not agree with her.

Offline jupiterjenny

• Ankle Biter
  • Daisy Mae
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 10:53:40 pm »
i keep hearing about the chicken soup dog food being really good- but its such a corny name/brand- i don't know..maybe i'll try it..

oh..and my dog poo is different colors all the time!!! - especially when i change her foods.
Check out my art work!
www.jupiterjen ny.deviantart. com

Offline WhollyPaws

• Gnawer
  • Love me, love my dogs!
    • View Profile
    • Wholly Paws specialized dog care services
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 12:21:11 pm »
about the Chicken Soup dogfood: does anyone know how much corn is in it? I heard it is made by the same company that makes Diamond, who had that toxic corn food recall last month. I like to know how much corn is in a dog food and what rank it has on the ingredients list. Ditto wheat because so many dogs are allergic to it.
be sure to take a gentle pause with your favorite paws each and every day!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 12:35:11 pm »
I have a rainbow in my backyard.  The dogs blink and it comes out a new shade of orange, yellow, green or brown.

k2campbell

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 03:58:20 pm »
I have a rainbow in my backyard.  The dogs blink and it comes out a new shade of orange, yellow, green or brown.
[/color]

And is there a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? lol  ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 04:03:44 pm »
[/color]

And is there a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? lol  ;)

One could only wish...dependi ng on how much the gold is worth...I might not dig for it.

Lyn

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 08:45:42 pm »
I noticed the same issue with Bubba when he was eating Canidae. Tang poop. LOL  And Bubba too had normal brown poop after switching to Natural balance I think. We tried so many different foods I can't remember the order we switched in now.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 08:46:15 pm by Lyn »