Author Topic: Shipping things...big boxes  (Read 2884 times)

lins_saving_grace

Shipping things...big boxes
« on: February 05, 2006, 04:29:00 pm »
Does any one ship BIG things often and know where to get a really big box?  Say ... 22x28x6 or so?

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping things...big boxes
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 04:31:26 pm »
They sell big boxes for moving supplies at UHAUL stores. I would imagine other reant-a-moving-truck places also have them for moving supplies.... And of course you could also try mail boxes etc
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 04:33:36 pm »
They sell big boxes for moving supplies at UHAUL stores. I would imagine other reant-a-moving-truck places also have them for moving supplies.... And of course you could also try mail boxes etc
I forgot about mail boxes etc.  UPS charges an arm and a leg if they have to package something for you.
Thanks!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 04:37:31 pm »
Maybe here at work I can find one?  You think they'll look at me funny at the mail place if I "modify" one to make it about 6 inches deep?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 04:40:59 pm »
Trust me, they won't look at you funny at all :) Wednesday, I brought 143 lbs worth of boxes, one was actually a hardside golf bag with tape all over it and a computer box with handles and a shipping box from UPS to Fedex. They took 'em no problem :)

So long as it's taped well and not oozing radioactive material, I don't think they care :)
LOL!  I'll do that then.  Thanks everyone. 
I get the strangest looks at the post office at Christmas time...one year...the same year they stopped wanting you to wrap the box with paper...I wrapped it with wall paper cuz I was in a hurry and didn't have any of that brown paper handy. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 04:47:26 pm »
Wallpaper, okay, you have me beat :)

Really?  I thought it was original.  The guy at the counter wasn't amused.  It was still a little wet and sticky.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 04:51:31 pm »
LMAO - that's great :) I now have a use for the fugly wallpaper that the previous owners left behind :)

LOL

Did you use wallpaper glue to keep it from unraveling? LOL

It was a good idea in my head.
It was that self stick kind and you just have to get the back wet to stick it.  It was a pain to hang on the walls but stuck really good to a cardboard box.  I don't know know why I wet it really.  maybe cuz the duct tape wouldn't hold it together.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 12:29:06 pm »
Lin,

Lady and Grace won't fit in a box only 6 inches deep. 

LOL!  no they wouldn't! 
I'm not shipping my babies away! :)