Author Topic: Great Dane hugs!  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Great Dane hugs!
« on: February 06, 2006, 03:49:20 pm »
So... everybody who has a Great Dane (or two...) : do your danes absolutely LOVE giving you big Great Dane hugs???
Leeloo has been really affectionate lately and wanting to give us hugs all the time! I think it has finally sunk into her mind that she is here to stay. So she has been really happy and it seems to make her feel very special to be able to hug us. She gets this look of contentment like she is feeling high! It's really sweet.
So... I went to Samson, who is a few inches taller and about 50 lbs heavier than Leeloo, and I was like, hey boy- wanna learn how to give a hug??? Well, I don't know whether this was a wise decision or not, but he LOVES it!!!! Ever since that evening, now when I am hanging out giving him his special Samson time, he gives me this look, and luckily I know what the look is, it's the I'm-about-to-jump-up-on-you-and-give-you-a-Great-Dane-hug look!!! So I am trying to decide on a command for it so he doesn't do it at random, cause he sure enjoys it! And he is really eye level with me when he hugs me, or maybe taller. But he gets that same sweet look on his face that Leeloo gets, like he feels so loved and special.
Anyhow, I just think it is the sweetest thing to see them so happy.  ;D

Blair

Re: Great Dane hugs!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 04:01:31 pm »
Grey likes to hug me, but only when he wants to lol. I have a commend for him to do it. I Ben down al ittle and pat my shoulder and say hug. And if he wants to hug me he will jump up on me and if he doesnt he gives me this look like I have lost my mind. LOL

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 04:08:29 pm »
Grey likes to hug me, but only when he wants to lol. I have a commend for him to do it. I Ben down al ittle and pat my shoulder and say hug. And if he wants to hug me he will jump up on me and if he doesnt he gives me this look like I have lost my mind. LOL

Wow Grey is ginormous!!! Hey I have never noticed before, but is he a merle mantle??? I was looking on this Great Dane site last night and found a page about rare coloration. On there it said they have a hard time finding photos of the "mismarks", so I sent them a picture of Leeloo since she is a fawnequin. Maybe you could send them a picture of Grey!
Here is the page:
http://www.all-about-great-danes.com/fawnequin-great-danes.html
 ;D

Blair

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 04:14:53 pm »
Yeapers he is a mantle merle. I love mantles and I was looking at getting a mantle to show but I fell in love with Grey  ;D That picture was takin in the beginning of December, he might be an inch or so taller. Its funny cause he is taller then me when he stands but he always tries to put his big ole head on my shoulders when he hugs me, so I usually get smacked in the nose by his head!! lol And he will stand there hugging me for a few minutes before I make him get down cause he gets heavy after awhile lol. But how can I refuse him his hug when he wants one, he is my baby.

Ill go look at that site right now  :)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 10:55:58 pm »
I am posting a picture of Leeloo giving me a hug. The quality of the photo is horrible of course but it's pretty funny since I am in my jammies and Leeloo is wearing a t-shirt! :D
(she gets cold! poor girl! you'd put a t-shirt on her too!)
 ;D :D ;D