Author Topic: Temprement change in my Bullmastiff  (Read 24371 times)

nickerbokker

Re: Temprement change in my Bullmastiff
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2005, 12:27:20 am »
i think, like jaime has said forever, that not having a mom gave him mental issues lmao.  the mom teaches them SOOO much...so much more than i ever thought before i started reading up on it....and he REALLY missed it all.  then, i got him at 5 weeks, and he was so little, and a puppy with puppy breath and i had wanted one so long for cody....and i admit it, instead of teaching the little thing right from wrong, i babied him.  he has slept on my bed from night one (now stopped), goten treats when he wanted them...all that crap.  i did SO WRONG by him....but now is the crapppy part, fixing it.  its gonna suck lol.  but it WILL happen.  this dog is NOT getting the best of me! 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2005, 12:36:35 am »
i think, like jaime has said forever, that not having a mom gave him mental issues lmao.  the mom teaches them SOOO much...so much more than i ever thought before i started reading up on it....and he REALLY missed it all.  then, i got him at 5 weeks, and he was so little, and a puppy with puppy breath and i had wanted one so long for cody....and i admit it, instead of teaching the little thing right from wrong, i babied him.  he has slept on my bed from night one (now stopped), goten treats when he wanted them...all that crap.  i did SO WRONG by him....but now is the crapppy part, fixing it.  its gonna suck lol.  but it WILL happen.  this dog is NOT getting the best of me!  
Nicks, I did the same kind of stuff with my kids...BIG mistake!!!...I bet you can fix Wangus in fewer years than it is taking me to fix them...lol!

nickerbokker

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2005, 12:51:30 am »
LMAO....EXACTL Y WHY I WONT EVER HAVE REAL HUMAN BABIES...I WILL F THEM UP SOMEHOW.

im thinkin angus should still sleep on the bed with me.  because he is a cuddle bug and i MISS HIM

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2005, 01:23:02 am »
Wangus misses you too Mommy...Please let him back on the bed!...I'm not helping am I? ;D

Offline Beavis

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2005, 09:46:16 am »
Someone asked for a picture of "Big Red" so here it is.  BTW, Beavis isn't my name.....It's Red's nickname.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2005, 11:11:16 am »
Ohhhh Beavis, is absolutely adorable, he looks so much like my Hercules. That same deep red color and the nice pigmented mask. Thanks for sharing. Hercules name has come up so often here, I really have to scan some pics of him, and post on here. I loved him soooo much, that said, we did have issues with him, I am sure you can relate to them, as they were very much what you describe with your boy. Good thing though, it is possible to make them change, even if it takes a lot of patience and work.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

doggylover

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 12:54:54 am »
We have a 5 year old male rotty who thought it would be a good idea to challenge me when he was 2.  He tried the hardest to take me on, because I am female and my husband is naturally more alpha than I am.  I thought Red's advice was spot on.  I would also suggest you get the book, "Leader of the Pack" by Nancy Baer and Steve Duno.  That book saved my dog's life.  Your doggy is just feeling the water to see if maybe he is the boss after all. 
Good luck and don't give up!
Ronda