Author Topic: Romantic husband  (Read 8632 times)

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Romantic husband
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 06:30:12 pm »
God you're lucky, my bf is so jealous of the time I spend with the dogs. But if it's the cats, that is a different story, he LOVES them!! Our biggest fight was over the "lack of attention" he was getting from me when I had a puppy for a while.
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Icerotti

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 06:31:55 pm »
Sounds like you are going to have a great time....Have fun ;D ;D ;D

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 06:35:45 pm »
How old are you and how many years do you  want to devote???

See, I KNEW you were going to say that! 

I'm too old to train one--I'll be 42 in 11 days.  Even if I had the patience, (which I quite honestly don't) I don't have that kind of time!  :D

I guess I'll just have to die alone in an apartment, half eaten by my Alsatian--except I have to ge the Alsatian before I can die and be eaten. 

Man, I've got a lot to do. 

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

kristi

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 06:40:06 pm »
ha-ha-ha

42 isn't old!
i'm 37 - i just found mine 1.5 years ago!

don't give up!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 06:51:19 pm »
I guess I'll just have to die alone in an apartment, half eaten by my Alsatian--except I have to ge the Alsatian before I can die and be eaten.

Just like Bridget Jones, right??  And look what she ended up with:  Colin Firth!!!  I'd take him ANYDAY!! 

*modified to figure out how to spell Bridget.....du h!!!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 06:54:01 pm by newflvr »

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 06:56:09 pm »
Yes, but I'm excessively picky.  I'd have been married at 24, too, if not for the picky.   ;)

Plus I will NOT have anything to do with a sports nut. 

I'll tolerate the Olymics every other year, I'll tolerate the World Series, and I'll tolerate the Kentucky Derby. 

Outside of that, I'm not interested, I don't want to hear it, and I refuse to frustrate me and the poor sports nut by trying to pretend that I am interested or want to hear it.  I grew up in a house of sports nuts, and the reason I've only ever even had 1 roommate in my life is because I just cannot live with it ANYMORE. 

I'm not giving up; bit I must face the fact that there's a 75% chance that  I'm doomed to be the post-mortem meal of a large hungry dog.   :D

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

kristi

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 07:04:43 pm »
you can be picky - i was this time!

I was married when i was 26  - that lasted 7 years - 6.5 too long!

I should've been more picky the first time around - an error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it.

really, I'm a big believer in the fact that there's someone out there for everyone...

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 07:50:17 pm »
an error only becomes a mistake when you refuse to correct it.

See, that's why I've never regretted calling off my engagement.   

Of course, the fact that he was a closet football fanatic might have had something to do with that too... ;)

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 08:26:55 pm »
You'd never tolerate DH, then.  Watches every golf tournament on TV....anything more boring?  Most NBA games (basketball, dear ;D).  EVERY playoff game of football, basketball, and even baseball (only sport he doesn't like). Plays golf AT LEAST once a week (summer time usually three times a week).

I've never cared a hootie about any sport unless I know the people playing (sort of eliminates most pro teams  ::) and the only pro players I knew have now retired :D).  My kids are now out of sports where I 'get' to go watch but there were a TON of soccer and basketball games! 

All the time he's doing or watching sports, I'm reading, gardening, cooking or just hanging with the dogs or here with you on BPO.  Sort of parallel lives, docha know!  But,somehow  it works! ;D

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 08:55:31 pm »
Everyone has their perfect person.   :D

It's not the actual sporting that bugs me--other than football--it's the SPECTATING FANBOY thing.  I'm happy for a guy to go ahead and PLAY anything that suits him.  Golf every day!  Join a bowling team!  If he's are playing in a basketball game or a soccer game or whatever, I will gladly attend and cheer for him.  Hunt and fish to your heart's content.

But I cannot bear, just cannot--I know this is weird, but it's just how I AM--I cannot STAND for people to sit on the couch (or in a recliner or a bean bag or whatever) surrounded by munchies and drinks, with the television at 90% of his volume, and watch and scream and yell as if they're in a 90,000 seat arena, instead of 15 feet from my bedroom!  And do this all day, if not ALL BLOODY WEEKEND. 

And I can't think of a more annoying thing for anyone to want to talk about than how well someone they've never even been in the same CITY with, much less know personally, kicks or throws or catches some generally spherical object.  (If it's not you or your immediate family who's doing it, WHY DO I NEED TO KNOW THIS? )

Especially annoying if they've just met you and you've said, "I'm not into sports at all." 

I mean, Everyone has their perfect person.   :D

It's not the actual sporting that bugs me--other than football--it's the SPECTATING FANBOY thing.  I'm happy for a guy to go ahead and PLAY anything that suits him.  Golf every day!  Join a bowling team!  If he's are playing in a basketball game or a soccer game or whatever, I will gladly attend and cheer for him.  Hunt and fish to your heart's content.

But I cannot bear, just cannot--I know this is weird, but it's just how I AM--I cannot STAND for people to sit on the couch (or in a recliner or a bean bag or whatever) surrounded by munchies and drinks, with the television at 90% of his volume, and watch and scream and yell as if they're in a 90,000 seat arena, instead of 15 feet from my bedroom!  And do this all day, if not ALL BLOODY WEEKEND. 

And I can't think of a more annoying thing for anyone to want to talk about than how well someone they've never even been in the same CITY with, much less know personally, kicks or throws or catches some generally spherical object.  (If it's not you or your immediate family who's doing it, WHY DO I NEED TO KNOW THIS? )

Especially annoying if they've just met you and you've said, "I'm not into sports at all."  Seriously.  I didn't even want to know about basketball when Thurl Bailey was my neighbor and Karl Malone was sponsoring softball teams in my Dad's USSSA league and coming to cheer at their games every weekend.  Both very nice fellows...just DO...NOT...CAR E..about the basketball! 

See.  It's good that I'm not married.  I have no patience for people!  Never mind what I said about there being any more where yours came from. :D

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 09:00:05 pm »

Especially annoying if they've just met you and you've said, "I'm not into sports at all." 

I mean, Everyone has their perfect person.   :D

All I can say is Matt just read this over my shoulder, and he said "If I really wanted to be a **** I could say the same thing about you (meaning ME) about your obsessive compulsive dog hobby which forces you to spend endless hours on the internet meddling with people you've never met, and chastizing those who don't uphold your way of thinking when it comes to dogs, and sends you upstairs afterwards hoarse from screaming."  Then again, i'm an extreme case  ;D
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 09:04:01 pm »
Yes, but you have actual DOGS that you love. 

Most guys do not have an actual Professional Athlete all their own!

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 09:14:29 pm »
Hehehehe!  It's true!  There's SO much give and take in any relationship!  You are just hearing my side.  DH could say the same thing!  Poor them!

DH has put up with SOOO much with the Newfies!   ::)  Talk about medical bills, sobbing wife when we lost two of them, reading dog books (boy! does he roll his eyes about that.....then I have to point at the stack of GOLF books!)

Patience is a great virtue!  We need to ladle it on THICK!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 09:16:12 pm »
Most guys do not have an actual Professional Athlete all their own!

You crack me up!!! SO TRUE!!  I esp. love the guys that dress in the jerseys to scream at the TV.  At least DH doesn't do that!!!  And why DO they talk to the TV?

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2006, 09:19:50 pm »
Hey, I figure if they're at home watching football with me, they're not getting in trouble somewhere.  Then again, this is the girl who is at this moment wearing a Bears Jersey :P
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."