Author Topic: Galahad learnt a new trick!!  (Read 4142 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Galahad learnt a new trick!!
« on: May 20, 2005, 01:17:49 pm »
Galahad has started to use his water dish as a scateboard. He puts one front paw in the bowl and then he runs with back legs and kicks with the other front paw, so it looks just like he is scating along on a scateboard. The problem is that he obviously think it is a little too much fun, he is now knocking the bowl over to be able to "scate". I was trying to get a pic of him, but it is hard, either he scates around the island in the kitchen or he stops to look what I am up to instead and the dig. camera takes a moment before it takes the pic. so by then of course the moment is - no longer...
But here is one I did get though

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: Galahad learnt a new trick!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 01:46:20 pm »
hehe,  that is very cute but a big mess i'm sure!   ;D
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Luvmydanes

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 01:52:55 pm »
Aww..how cute :) He is really beefy :) Jasmine is a little on the thin side. What do you feed Galahad? or is it just his breed?

Kandi

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 03:53:10 pm »
What a cutie pie! Sure does look like he's having ablast with his dish!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 04:35:29 pm »
Yes biiiiig mess.... And that dish seems to be his new favorit toy. Kandi, you are right he should be a bit heavier than a dane, he is going to be hmmmm my guess is somewhere around  210-225 lbs when he is ready. The danes tend to have more legs and a little less body. The danes I used to have were like that too, especially one of my girls, she grew in a not too flattering way, she was allll legs and it took her a couple of years before she had filled out. I am feeding Eagle Pack, it is a smaller brand, they have a website where you can check if you have anyone in your area selling it, or you can order it, and they ship. It is very well balanced for our giant breeds, it has 23% protein and that is very ideal for our big dogs when they grow. I think the most common problem is that they get too much protein and grow too fast. I am very pleased with Eagle pack and Galahad loves it.

Marit

Luvmydanes

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 05:48:04 pm »
Thanks Marit! I will check it out. We are feeding her what we have been feeding Dane, but are going this weekend to get her a pink rhinestone collar (my choice - haha!) and I am going to look at large breed puppy food too. Galahad will definatley be a big boy :) I think mastiff's are shorter and beefier, and Danes are taller and skinnier. Both are beautiful obviously. Anyways, thanks for the info. Oh, and I painted Jasmine's nails last night...hubby laughed his butt off. He thinks I'm weird. oh well...

Kandi

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 06:04:45 pm »
Ohh how cute, dont listen to hubby though. I am sure you know that I used to work as dog/cat groomer before, so I got my share of "prepping" poodles and their toes lol..... The danes are like you said leaner and taller, the OEM's are I think longer and chubbier. I have Bullmastiffs to, well only one now, but the reason I wanted an OEM, is that, they have more of the dane temperament. Pink rhinestone collar sounds very pretty, I wanted to give Hera one of the extra wide ones in black, but hubby wanted a Harley Davidson collor, so we ended up inbetween, think Ill go by myself next time lol...

Marit

Luvmydanes

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 06:08:55 pm »
HAHA!! Shaun has this new theory that Jasmine is 'my dog' and Dane is now 'his dog'. So he can get whatever kind of collar for Dane, but the dressy, girly stuff is whatever I want for Jazz. I am way too obsessed over my dogs I think. lol

Kandi

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 06:24:06 pm »
 ;D There is no such thing as being over obsessed over the dogs lol..... And the girls need girly things, Hubby thinks Hera isnt the type of dog who should have girly things, I think so but well..... Hercules, our Mastiff who is now at the bridge, used to have all macho things, HD collars and leashes and the big leather spike collars, guess whos choice that was lol....

Marit