Author Topic: Upgrades to the Boards  (Read 16166 times)

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrades to the Boards
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2006, 05:48:36 pm »
Keep them coming everyone... we'll make this work. I think you're right about the text color, I think that should make a huge difference. We're still working in the "New" buttons... Still thinking about the numbers - there is some space that I'm having a difficult time with but I'm unsure about removing the numbers altogether.. it's provides a needed offset from the continuous greyness and makes us a bit different. I'll keep working on it though. Still trying to get back to the topic line to make it stand out a bit.

Anyway, I'll get to these in a few minutes.. have to finish Bear up - he's getting a full wash and groom session as well as some new dressing for his banged up dew claw.

Michael~

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2006, 08:53:08 pm »
this will definitely take some getting used to... but it looks great!
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2006, 08:56:02 pm »
Micheal, thank you for adding more posts to the main page :)
RIP former BPO

Offline bhender254

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2006, 12:05:51 pm »
What timezone does BPO run in? I don't know if this is related to the new changes but I am in Central timezone and the newest post date for me is 12Feb at 12:00 even though it is now 13Feb 10:00. Does anyone else have this issue?? I know that the last post wasn't almost 24 hours ago. LOL

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2006, 12:26:27 pm »
The new format it going to take a little getting used to.  It's a little awkward right now, you got jump around the board a little more and the script is a little small, you have to search for things.  It will take some time to get used to, but change is good, I LIKE IT!!!

What timezone does BPO run in? I don't know if this is related to the new changes but I am in Central timezone and the newest post date for me is 12Feb at 12:00 even though it is now 13Feb 10:00. Does anyone else have this issue?? I know that the last post wasn't almost 24 hours ago. LOL

Bhender254, you gotta go to your BPO profile, click on Look and Layout Preferences and change your settings.  It gives you the BPO time and then you can add or subtract hours off of it to make it equal to your local time.  It's really easy.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 01:32:15 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

kristi

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2006, 01:09:41 pm »
i like the featured paw print at the top of the page! ;D

Nicole

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2006, 01:11:39 pm »
Michael,
 It just keeps getting better and better. I just want to say that I appreciate the quickness with which you respond to our complaints/suggestions/issues/neurosis..hhehehe....You're awesome and effecient!!! The site is looking very good.

Offline bhender254

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2006, 04:07:21 pm »
Thanks, somewhere along the way I must have lost it, it was right at one time.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2006, 01:09:40 am »
Thanks everyone for the help and feedback. We appreciate is more than ever.

Just a heads up, the chat link is back on the home page in the same familiar place (you should know exactly where to look!).

As for some of the things that are still broken etc., we're still getting to it.

Thanks again everyone.

Nicole

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2006, 01:53:56 pm »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOH! YAY! The little "new" designations are back! Thanks, Michael!

Nicole

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2006, 01:55:28 pm »
...sorry...off-topic...but, HOLLY YOU SNEAKY SNAKE!

Why aren't you in chat?

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2006, 02:14:51 pm »
You guys know if anything changes around here don't you!?

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2006, 05:26:18 pm »
Thanks for adding the new tags back Michael!

Now if only we could do something about those google adds I would be so happy!
RIP former BPO

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2006, 09:08:28 pm »
Michael,

The changes to the site have grown on me, and in a hurry! Only a couple of days and I totally enjoy the peaceful feel of the site now and the colour scheme is outstanding.

My screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 does cause the text to be rather small though. Do you know the percentage of users that view at 800 x 600? Have you tried a layout with fixed width left and right columns and liquid center with a min-width for the center? I am just wondering because I am always messing with css.

Also I just viewed my unreadreplies and that page has the right column under the left column (makes for a vey long page) most likely due to the absence of a center column.

Icerotti

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2006, 10:44:18 am »
Great work...thank you for all your hard work ;D ;D