Author Topic: St. Bernard Rescue- Help by voting  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Clydeandme

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
St. Bernard Rescue- Help by voting
« on: February 12, 2006, 01:20:08 pm »

I'm a volunteer for the Illinois Saint Bernard Rescue, fostered Clyde for 4 months and adopted him in December.  Clyde is trying to raise the $1,000 prize for the IL St. Bernard Rescue! $1,000 can feed and pay for some of the medical bills ISBR has incurred. Please vote a 10 for cute Clyde! Thank you!
http://www.1800petmeds.com/petcontest/vote/5636979744460013916

IL St. Bernard Rescue is a 501(c)3 and affiliated with the National St. Bernard Rescue.
www.ISBR.petfinder.org

Offline wiss329

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: St. Bernard Rescue- Help by voting
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 02:25:01 pm »
Everyone, please do what you can.  It's for a great cause.  The rescue needs all the support it can get!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 11:17:33 pm »
This was posted earlier with a link that would allow you to vote for him but that link is not what is coming up now.  Could we find the other back?  I looked but I'm not finding it.  It took me AGES to go through voting last time and I never did get through all the pets and get back to him.
Daphne

mjjensen

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 11:21:44 pm »
When you vote for him the site puts a cookie on your computer so you can't vote again unless you delete the cookie.

Offline wiss329

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 09:46:17 am »
If using internet explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options, then midway through the window that opens click Delete Cookies, then click OK.  This should do it.  It took me awhile to learn.  Somedays it was no problem for me to vote, others it showed me as having voted already.  It was frustrating.

Thanks everyone for your votes.  It continues to the end of the month (February).  It appears we are close to first (highest I've noticed is 8.4), but it's getting more and more difficult to raise our average. 

As I mentioned in another thread, my husband and I adopted our dog Max last year from the rescue and I'm trying to help out a group that brought him into our lives. My husband thinks I'm obsessed with helping Clyde's mom win this for the rescue, but hey, at least I'm going crazy for a good cause. 

Thanks again, Melissa

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 12:51:56 pm »
I voted!  Glad to do anything for rescue operations.
Sarah

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 12:59:26 pm »
Aha!  Thanks for the cookie tip!  When I reset my cookies though I also logged myself out. 
Daphne

Offline wiss329

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 01:26:56 pm »
Thanks to everyone who has voted for Clyde and the Illinois St. Bernard Rescue.  It appears that we are tied for first place.  Looks like the Rescue actually has a chance to win this!  But…we still need every vote we can get because the contest doesn’t end until February 28th. 

Digging through the rescue website, I found a photo of Clyde when he was about 8 months old and came into rescue.  Thought it would be interesting to show the then and now photos. (Hopefully, this works, I've never posted a photo in a message before.)

Offline Clydeandme

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 12:45:03 pm »
Thanks everyone for being so nice and helping ISBR by voting!  As of this morning we are winning! :)

Melissa, Thanks for posting the picture of little Clyde! I looked for that picture a while ago and couldn't find it.

and Einstein looks like the cutest dog I've ever seen.

Thanks again everyone!  I look forward to spending more time here talking about dogs.