Author Topic: STOOOOOPID Ticket mongers!  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
STOOOOOPID Ticket mongers!
« on: February 13, 2006, 05:52:57 pm »
OK.  Matt was having a rough day today.  I decided to buy him tickets to the Nickelback concert that is playing here MARCH 30th.  A month and a half away.  OK, well I go and the tickets were originally $34 - $45.  OK fine.  Well they are all SOLD.  The tickets only went on sale a little while ago.  Don't get me wrong though, they aren't sold out.  They're all on the scalper sites for like $85 - $250 each.  ARGHHHH this makes me so MAD!  Seriously.  I refuse to use a scalper.  I  HATE THEM NOW!  It's now like a personal vendetta.  I'm considering going to the concert anyways just to beat up scalpers.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Dexter

• Gnawer
  • Freak Out!
    • View Profile
Re: STOOOOOPID Ticket mongers!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 06:00:48 pm »
scalping is illegal isnt it? cant you just call the cops on em?

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 06:06:25 pm »
Tickets for big name bands like Nickelback usually sell out online in about 2 minutes.  Scalpers will have groups of people buying tickets all at once, at batches at a time.  They then re-sell them for an inflated price.  It's always been that way, except now it can be done much faster online.  It sucks but that's life.  Question, you'd actually pay money to go see Nickelback?  J/K!!!  ;D
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 06:09:40 pm »
I know that in Oregon it isn't illegal, but they can't inflate the prices more than a certain % of the original price.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 06:54:46 pm »
Is it the concert at Mohegan Sun? We were thinking of going but tickets at the Sun were $40 and up plus it's in the middle of the week.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 11:48:54 pm »
Ang - I realize it won't ease your frustration regarding the ticket issue (which sucks by the way)!  BUT - if it's the same concert tour that just rolled through Canada - I'd save your money...

Is LIVE opening for them?  Seriously - they were the only good thing about the show.  Nickelback was not good at all (and I like them - they're from Alberta after all!) but I've seen them before (before they got real popular) and this show SUCKED in comparison.  Awful...

Just my opinion (but) thought I'd let you know just the same.  LIVE was awesome though.  Awesome.  ;)

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 08:16:52 am »
LIVE was awesome though.  Awesome.  ;)

I've got to say that LIVE are one of my favourite bands of all time... I really don't like Nickelback (personal taste, of course), but I'd consider going to a Nickelback concert just to see LIVE. I saw them a couple of years ago in a tiny venue here in England and it was the best gig I've ever been to in my life. ;D

k2campbell

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 10:37:51 pm »
I've got to say that LIVE are one of my favourite bands of all time...

LIVE were really good Senghe (and to be honest) they are the only reason I went!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 10:38:18 pm by k2campbell »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 08:58:42 am »
Is it the concert at Mohegan Sun? We were thinking of going but tickets at the Sun were $40 and up plus it's in the middle of the week.

No it's at the Verizon Center in Manchester.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 09:01:43 am »
Ang - I realize it won't ease your frustration regarding the ticket issue (which sucks by the way)!  BUT - if it's the same concert tour that just rolled through Canada - I'd save your money...

Is LIVE opening for them?  Seriously - they were the only good thing about the show.  Nickelback was not good at all (and I like them - they're from Alberta after all!) but I've seen them before (before they got real popular) and this show SUCKED in comparison.  Awful...

Just my opinion (but) thought I'd let you know just the same.  LIVE was awesome though.  Awesome.  ;)

No, it's with Trapt and 10 Years (For some reason the bands they've been advertising are different than what the venue says).  Don't really like Trapt, except for "Headstrong", LOVE 10 Years.  I totally love Nickelback's new CD and I'm typically not a mainstream person.  I was wicked sheltered and have been to like one rock concert in my entire life.  It was a free outdoor concert with Theory of a Deadman when they were starting to get big.

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 10:47:52 am »
Ang, I'm sorry to rub it in, but I'm so excited I just have to share this. YAAAYYYY! I've just booked a ticket to see LIVE in June at the venue I saw them at last time.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 07:30:39 pm »
I know how you feel about scalpers. I hate them! I hate everything about them and would boycott them on principal, but I have to admit that I have purchased scalped tickets a couple times before when I was desperate to go to a show back in my concert-going days.
RIP former BPO