Author Topic: Fur-baby Scrapbook  (Read 7674 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Fur-baby Scrapbook
« on: May 21, 2005, 08:45:51 am »
Anyone here into doing a scrapbook of your fur-babies?  When I lost my dear sweet Rosie last July, I went through every photo in the house looking for photos of her.  It would have been so nice to have a scrapbook of her to look at during those endless nights.  As soon as the breeder e-mailed me a photo of Sugar Bear I started making a furbaby scrapbook.  I have done the same thing with Dixie.  As for Dixie I even has one of the photo of her Mom cleaning her.  I have added everything from the "Live Animal" sticker from Delta Dash to a page of them taking naps.  Yes I know it is a litttle overboard, but I am having a great time doing it.  I just though of another page I have to add.  I have one of Sugar Bears baby teeth, should make a good page with lost of photos of his big boy smile.   As soon as I have time I will take a photo of some of the pages and post them.  I would love to hear any ideas you may have for page layouts.

Lisa, Dixie & Sugar Bear
« Last Edit: May 22, 2005, 12:03:18 pm by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Fun-baby Scrapbook
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 09:18:41 am »
Thank you!  That is a great idea.  I spend too much time worrying about the day Greta leaves me.  I should take the time to put together a scrapbook of her now with writing, photos and paw prints.  You are right.  It is an important tool for the grieving process. 
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Rufiesmom

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 11:36:38 am »
We lost our beloved Rotti Sophie to bone ca last year.  I made a photo album and included every picture of her (there were lots!!) her certificates from obediance and agility, the sympathy cards we got, and I wrote down on paper exactly what I felt when we made that horrible final trip to the vet.  I bawled my eyes out while putting it all together and then couldn't look at it for a few months but now it is very comforting to look at and remember what a great friend and love she was.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 10:16:17 pm »
We have one for Bear too and have his baby teeth, the peach ribbon from his litter days, the bow he had on when he was given to me. He also has pages dedicated to various activities like muddy pics, dirty pics, running, jumping pics, playdate pics, etc. We also have our Christmas pics with the 3 of us, pics with Santa & the Easter Bunny and all of his certificates/awards. It is sooo much fun to go back to look at how he has changed over the years and enhanced our lives more than we ever could hav imagined.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 03:16:53 am »
where is nandi ???
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 06:24:24 am »
I am so glad to know other are doing scrapbooks. As soon as I have some time I will take a photo of some of my layouts.  I would love to see bears.  I just finished a cute mud pages and then a nap page.

Lisa

waffles717

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 09:54:28 am »
Hi Lisa this was maggie at 12 weeks, but a ScapBook is fun as you can see,we have sooo many pic,she is geting sooooooooooooo big,,,,,,,,,,,,and cute!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! we love her her so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!love may can!!!!!!!!!!!!wait!!!!!!!!

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 11:09:30 am »
oh my  i have sooooooooooo many puppy pics

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 11:13:06 am »
more puppy pics  lol

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 11:15:55 am »
MOREEEEEEEEEEE EEE

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Fur-baby Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 01:20:23 am »
A very very cute idea, I have so many pics of all my dogs, but I have to admit (and I am not proud of it)  :-[ that I have never made a puppy scrap book. Mind you I suck at making them for my two legged kids too. I was real good with first one, for about a year, then I got behind and had to try and catch up. Kid #2 and #3 well "cough cough" there I had to try and re-create and not doing such a great job of it, dont know what they would say if the dogs have better scrap books than they do lol...... But I love the idea and since I save all the stuff anyway, I dont know why I have such a hard time keeping up with a scrap book. I will really try to make Galahad one, and maybe if I feel real on to it, I can make them for the other ones too, both four and two legged ones.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 06:54:23 am »
Good luck, I have a ball doing scrapbooks.  I am a Christmas nut so I scapbook our family each year. I have one book for each Christmas for the past 5 years. I plan to go back and do a Christmas Past set of scrapbooks.  But for now I am having fun doing the books for Dixie and Sugar Bear. 

Lisa

dohertyswissy

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 03:38:43 pm »
Lisa - That is such a cute idea!  It amazes me how much Ranger has grown in the past 3 months and this would be a great way to remember how far he has come.  I believe I'm going to have to start making him one tonight!   Thanks for sharing!

Heather

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 03:59:01 pm »
Oh thanks goodness i am not the only one. My hubby totally gave me hard time. But Bailey has one. Maybe i can try to post it. i'll work on it.
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 04:12:12 pm »
I will try to post a few page from Sugar Bear's and Dixie's book tonight. They have a 50% sale at Hobby Lobby on stickers this week so I need to load up.

Lisa

Lisa
Oh thanks goodness i am not the only one. My hubby totally gave me hard time. But Bailey has one. Maybe i can try to post it. i'll work on it.