Author Topic: FEBRUARY IS PREVENT - A - LITTER MONTH URGE OPRAH TO DO A SHOW ON SPAYING @ NEUT  (Read 1480 times)

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
 >:(    February is Prevent-A-Litter month: Urge Oprah to do a   show on spaying and neutering
Dear Ms. Winfrey,
After almost five months, homeless puppies are popping up everywhere amid the rubble left by Hurricane Katrina. Although more than 6000 pets were saved, thousands of animals remain,running loose in neighborhoods and breeding.
This situation highlights a heartbreaking, chronic problem in our country. Each year, millions of healthy, adoptable cats and dogs are killed because there are not enough homes for them all. Ms. Winfrey, you reach millions of viewers and your show has such a positive impact.I wholeheartedly urge you to dedicate a show to the pet overpopulation crisis in America and the importance of spaying &neutering.
Consider the following facts:
· 3-4 million cats and dogs are euthanized each year
· In 7 years, one female cat and her young can produce 420,000 cats.
· In 6 years, one female dog and her young can produce 67,000 dogs
· It costs US taxpayers an estimated $2 billion each year to round up, house, kill, and dispose of homeless animals.
This unfortunate predicament could be avoided if all pet owners spayed and neutered their pets. It’s safe, affordable and improves pet health. Please help educate your viewers about the importance of spaying and neutering their pets. Help dispel some of the myths surrounding spaying and neutering and inform viewers of the many benefits. Include touching stories of the many endearing animals that have been adopted from shelters. How have they affected their owners’ lives? Maybe even have a pet adoption on your show!
I urge you to dedicate a show to the pet overpopulation crisis and the humane spaying and neutering solution.   
PLEASE GO TO THIS SITE AND SIGN THE PETITION! http://www.care2.com  click petitions than petition site homes it will be under the listing most popular #4 thank you!  :D bryce-milo-freya the petition is at 17,795 as of 2/19/06 they need 20,000 please sign the petition! thanks :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 01:28:35 pm by marinafb »
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Gypsy Jazmine

Amen!!!!...& to those of us who actually care the personal time, energy & emotion we expend is imeasurable. :'( >:( :( :'( I hope we will see Oprah help us out. :) Here's my note to the Oprah people.
You report important topics that make differences in the world...The animal overpopulation topic is the hidden shame of the human race & the crying shame of nature & God as we know him...Go one step higher & help make a bigger difference...T hank you Oprah.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 02:58:19 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I wouldn't count on it.  When she got her 3 Puppymill/BYB dogs they recieved tens of thousands of letters and emails begging her to do an adoption show.  She never did.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Well only us as humans can be held accountable for what happens to all animals. We can stand by and hope other people will take action or we can dive in and make a difference.The re are so many different ways to do that take a visit to your local SPCA feed or walk a dog tell friends and families to adopt from the pound or SPCA. That is only the tip of the iceburg. Donate towels dog food crates to the SPCA or send them a check please think about all of the homeless animals ! ;)
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Gypsy Jazmine

Well only us as humans can be held accountable for what happens to all animals. We can stand by and hope other people will take action or we can dive in and make a difference.The re are so many different ways to do that take a visit to your local SPCA feed or walk a dog tell friends and families to adopt from the pound or SPCA. That is only the tip of the iceburg. Donate towels dog food crates to the SPCA or send them a check please think about all of the homeless animals ! ;)
Amen sister friend!!...I've been beating my head against that brick wall for years!...As much as it hurts I keep on doing it because every bit of help to a shelter, every little bit of enlightening to another soul who cares to learn helps bit by bit...I keep on keepin' on because I know I make a difference that way...When my heart is weary I look around me & see the 10 furry souls out of 16 I live with that were "nobody's" & I find the strength to face another day helping out our pure furry friends....Ani mal welfare is most definitely a grass roots effort first & foremost. :)