Poll

Overall, which "ONE" attribute is most dominant in your rottweiler's temperment? (Select one option for each dog/up to three dogs).

Passive, nonchalent
Dog aggressive, bossy, jealous, but friendly toward humans
Aloof, suspicious, stranger aggressive
Overly friendly toward humans and other animals, alike
Playful, goofy, clownish, outgoing and/or introverted
Extremely obedient
Untrained, outside dog

Author Topic: What is your rottie's temperment?  (Read 4789 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
What is your rottie's temperment?
« on: May 21, 2005, 09:05:36 am »
Thank you!   ;)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

Re: What is your rottie's temperment?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 08:18:09 am »
Gracey is "high energy".  A little timid and sound sensitive.
Lady is "laid back" with a touch of hyper.  Way too friendly...but she looks viscious. :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 08:18:50 am »
Your puppy is GORGEOUS! 

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 06:14:34 pm »
Your puppy is GORGEOUS!  

Which one?  There are three!  ;D
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline kokomo rotts

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 06:00:11 am »
Hi....I'm new here.....love what I've seen so far! I'm skinmom to six Rotties...all rescues but one. Absolutely love the breed! All of mine are clowns. Very friendly and outgoing. Didn't all start out that way coming out of shelters, but they're easy to work with.
It will be nice getting to know others with Rotties here!
kokomo rotts

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 07:21:00 am »
Gretta is my favorite...but now you mention there is more than one I'll look at their paw prints.  :) 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 07:21:33 am »
You are one brave soul to have 6.  :)  I bet no one pesters your house.  How do you do it?

Offline kokomo rotts

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 10:03:47 am »
I can remember having only one, and believe me, 6 is much more fun. Have had as many as 11 at once, with 7 permanent and 4 fosters. You just have to get into a routine. We have doggie maintenance day every Thursday. Everyone gets a good brushing, checked for lumps, etc, ears and teeth cleaned, toenails done, then a good vacuuming (actually the vacuuming happens daily when they're blowing coats). Lots of outdoor playtime so they won't feel the urge to go romping through the house as often. lol
I love them all. They're my family.
kokomo rotts

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 06:59:50 pm »
They are such funny monsters, aren't they?  I love the photograph with all of them sitting and standing in the yard.  Sometimes my boyfriend and I joke about having many rottweilers.  We have three and that is the limit.  We exclaim how hilarious it would be if we had six Betti's, because she is so goofy...or even if we had been able to take Betti's sister, too.

Offline RottiMommyAL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 05:25:20 pm »
Well, both of mine are push overs.  Magnus is coming to an age where he wants to run the 'pack'.  Since I got Storm aka Baby Girl spayed she has calmed down alot and will soon give the power of the pack to Magnus.  They both are protective and very goofy.  Magnus listens very well but Baby Girl is heedless.  She is stubborn and tries very hard to be independent.  They are both lovers and their favorite spot is in bed with me!
Change your pets life.  Feed RAW!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 06:40:52 pm »
Well, both of mine are push overs.  Magnus is coming to an age where he wants to run the 'pack'.  Since I got Storm aka Baby Girl spayed she has calmed down alot and will soon give the power of the pack to Magnus.  They both are protective and very goofy.  Magnus listens very well but Baby Girl is heedless.  She is stubborn and tries very hard to be independent.  They are both lovers and their favorite spot is in bed with me!

Pretty, pretty dogs!  They are so cuddly, aren't they?  People are always shocked when they hear that I have "rottweilers" - even moreso when they find out that I sleep with them.  I know it on an intimate level, of course, as I am sure you do, too.  All the snorting, sneezing with salty spray going everywhere, tummy growling, and let's not forget the FARTING!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 09:44:01 am »
I wish I could forget the farting.   Man that's the bad part.  But it's like their rocket fuel...helps them get up on the couch and in all those high places.   :D