Author Topic: I Love Big Dogs Because....  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
Re: I Love Big Dogs Because....
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 09:54:18 pm »
"Chick Bait"....LOL
My old roommate did this with Luke....it evidentally does work.  ;)
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Icerotti

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 10:01:07 pm »
they are just the best things ever!!!!!!! I feel safe with my big guy Puck....He doesn't have to growl just his size is intimidating. He looks after me when my husband works nights ;D He give the best kisses and is always loving. You don't squish your dog when trip or fall on them...lol There is subtance to hug!!!!!!

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 02:44:42 am »
The affection given by a big dog is just priceless, I learn day by day that these big dogs have big hearts to match their big paws. I love everything about my Big Dogs
cuttles

Offline queenkofsnow

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 09:44:30 am »
I especially love it when he is out on a long ski in the bush with me....he is sooooo much fun to watch..always that wonderful kuvasz smile...unless, of course he is playing mommy's protector.. then he is all serious until mom tells him all is well.  He is my first big pup...I have been missing out on soooooooooo much.

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 12:00:31 pm »
Wow. where to start?! Big dogs keep you warm on cold nights, are great floor pillows to rest your head while u are watching TV, make great noices when u pat there sides, and as a guy who is 6-2 270, they are great to play or lay with with out feeling that I might hurt them. There are just too many to name.
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 02:54:18 pm »
They are big loyal teddy bears.  They're protective of their families but always love to meet that new person.  They lick the tears off your face and will jump with joy right along side of you.  When you have that bad day, they make you laugh with their goofy grins and slobbers.  They provide endless entertainment with their lack of grace.  They prevent those pesky lawn gnomes from stealing your stuff. 
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

angelsmama

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 01:40:31 pm »
all the reasons above! and im only 5ft my  big baby angel makes me feel safe and protected like she wouldnt let anyone or anything hurt me :) the way she knows when im not feeling good and she insists on jumping on me no matter how much i say no and  licks me until im smiling.

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 01:51:24 pm »
No matter where you are or what you're doing, they want to be right there by your side. The biggest ones think they are the lap dogs, so its a sight when theyre trying to squeeze their big but up on to a recliner with you and the whole thing tips backwards.(I guess you had to be there) The big ones give the best hugs and the sloppiest kisses!

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 02:00:29 pm »
What more could you wish for in one package - Flynn is my alarm clock, personal bodyguard, burglar alarm, personal trainer and exerciser, court jester and agony uncle... you see, that's why big paws have to be so big to fit it all in!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 05:12:36 pm »
Bigger cuddles

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 08:28:39 pm »
Big dogs are the best just because they are!
And everything everyone else said.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla