Author Topic: I Love Big Dogs Because....  (Read 6296 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
I Love Big Dogs Because....
« on: February 15, 2006, 01:15:03 pm »
they elicit smiles, good will and overall happiness among humans, like no other type of dog.

Keep this one rolling people!  I think this is a good topic to dwell on.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: I Love Big Dogs Because....
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 01:23:49 pm »
They like to spoon in bed with you!  ;D (oh and keep your feet warm too!) ;)

Offline Terri

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 01:26:39 pm »
my ex-husband was not people friendly UNTIL we got a big dog. Then he loved when people would stop and ask about our dane. It made him a much better person, not for me but in general.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 01:27:04 pm »
excellent cuddlers, silly behaviors, ability to make one smile even on the worst of days, they think they are human or that we are dogs I am not sure which, can jump in the car on their own, better than a heating blanket on a cold night.... 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 01:29:51 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006, 01:30:08 pm »
I love big dogs because giving them hugs is so fulfilling- you can really wrap your arms around them and they are so warm and snuggly!  :D

dohertyswissy

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006, 01:49:45 pm »
he makes me feel safe, even though he's a 120lb lap dog at heart, and that they are really the most gentlest of creatures which forces all humans to reevaluate the stereotypes that they've carried around for far too long.

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 02:58:51 pm »
he always makes me feel like he's watching out for me -- growling at whatever comes down the street, but he's always wagging his tail when we're out and meeting new people and dogs.  The perfect combination of scary and sweet!
Sarah

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 03:03:43 pm »
I love big dogs because they make me feel safe. They love kids and are very loyal. They are huge teddy bears!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 03:06:32 pm »
Ditto on what everyone else has said and you never have to worry about accidently stepping on them or losing them in the house   ;)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 03:06:41 pm »
BIG dogs are wonderful with people both big and small.  They are great protectors if needed but, probably wouldn't hurt a fly.   BIG dogs give lots of BIG licks, hugs, and snuggle very well.  They give LOTS of unconditional love.  They are wonderful ambassadors to everyone they meet, they even make crabby people smile a bit!  They love kids and protect them at all times.  They are cute on all days, snowy days, rainy days, sunny days and chilly days.  They open their hearts to all who love them.  They growl or ignore mean people!  BIG dogs all around!  I say the more the better!

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

Newfies, you can't have just one!

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 03:11:35 pm »
 :o yep everything that you said i could'nt have said it better!    :)    marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 03:15:36 pm »
I love big dogs because they make me feel safe and protected. I love that when I go home, even if I have had the worst day in the world, my big goofy puppy still thinks I walk on water. I love the way she makes little kids smile and laugh when I take her out somewhere and she gives out her kisses. I love the way she looks at me like I'm her whole world. I could go on and on and on. Mostly I just love the bond we have and that it doesn't have conditions on it. She loves me no matter what (even if I won't let her treat the litter box as a personal snack bar - ick!) ;D
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 12:36:37 pm »
people can't resist them.  If people see a Big Dog tied up outside a restaurant or a gym or a store, 9 times out of 10 they will stop to pet them and baby talk them and they walk away with big smiles on their faces!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 12:37:18 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 03:00:31 pm »
I love big dogs because they keep you on your toes! ;D & they will not be ignored!...When I am in a bad mood & just want to be alone my dogs know what is best for me...It is hard to ignore a big dog in your face demanding to be petted!..."See Mom, you just needed to pet me to feel better...Even I knew that" ::)...lol...Big dogs are good therapists who don't ask but demand you consult with them...lol!...& I love my big dogs because they love us so much.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 10:31:33 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 09:51:30 pm »
All of the above plus I love the adventures we get in to having the big guys!  From the Newfs being the street psychiatrist to the schizophrenics in Santa Monica (they were spoken to so gently and given such respect by the Newfs!) to being loved on by movie stars.  Meeting lumber jacks in the mountains and my boys using them as 'chick bait' at the beach in the summer time are all reasons to adore these guys!