Author Topic: Confused  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Confused
« on: February 15, 2006, 08:34:55 pm »
My dog was fixed on the 11th (or so the pound says) but she's been acting weird since I got her and today I noticed her leaking in the rear and her teats (the rear most two) seem to be filling up.  I've never had a dog until long after they have been fixed so I don't know how mornal this is.  Is she supposed to be acting like she's in heat or pg?  I've been around both (females in heat or pg) so I recognize the way she's acting.  She also mothers her toy including cleaning it.  Should I be worried?

Kelly
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 02:15:56 am »
My female, Sadie, didn't do that, but that's not to say it isn't normal. I think I'd call the vet.

*bump*

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 10:36:36 am »
Maybe she is having a false pregnancy.  I would definitely call the vet and see what they think.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 11:05:03 am »
Queenie was having false pregnancys before she got spayed and from what you are describing it sounds the same but I have never heard of them doing it after spay. I think I would make a phone call to the vet just to be on the safe side.
Good Luck
cuttles

Offline Bosmum

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 12:46:13 pm »
Please have your vet check her estrogen levels.

My female (smaller) mix was fixed in August.  A couple of months ago, she went in heat  :o  Yeah, apparently, the vet that fixed her (NOT my vet) left some "stuff" in there.  >:(