Author Topic: Far from home  (Read 3111 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Far from home
« on: February 06, 2006, 11:27:47 am »
you know that movie Far from Home the adventures of yellow dog.  Ok i have seen it like a hundred times and everytime i get so upset when the dog gets lost even though i know in the end the dog is going to be ok and come back.  And then i still cry when he comes walking up after the boy blows the whislte.  I know i am bad. 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Far from home
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 11:33:17 am »
Don't worry.  The orginal "The Incredible Journey" gets me every time.  Especially the old Bull Terrier, Bodger.  Blast, here I go now, tearing up.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 11:35:07 am »
o yea because the first time i ever saw that movie i had a bull terrier named morgan.  She was solid white and everything looked just like bodger but a girl i cried like a baby while i held morgan.   ;D
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 01:18:56 pm »
Old Yeller, The Yearling, Born Free (at the end where it says Elsie died)Turner and Hooch, and The Horse Whisperer are garanteed to start water works for me. There are probably a few more that I can't ever remember, LOL
Stella

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 02:19:53 pm »
Where the Red Fern Grows. This is also my all-time favorite book. I read it at least once a year (I have been doing this since I was about 12) and I still cry like a baby every time.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 02:45:01 pm »
OK, how bad is this?  This one isn't even a book or movie, it is a stupid TV commercial.  Yet, every time I see it I bawl like a baby, and I will probably do just that as I describe it.

It is the dog food commercial (Purina?  I don't know...) where they show a little girl with her Irish Setter puppy as she encourages it to climb some stairs.  Blah, blah, blah about how Purina will insure your dog has a long and happy life with you.  More shots of the girl at various kid-like stages with the maturing dog. 

Then it happens - the college-age girl is shown encouraging her now senior-age dog up the stairs.  As when he was a puppy, he is having a hard time making it. 

Cut to Marsi completely losing it.

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 05:42:22 pm »
You think  Purina comercials and WTRFG are bad? 

You know what book makes me cry?  Not the movie, but the book?

CUJO.

Seriously.  The opening scene with that big, lalloping goof running and chasing, and the way SK gets in his head, thinking about being Good Dog, and how he loves his boy, etc.

And then as he gets sick, and sicker, SK keeps going back to Cujo's point of view: not understanding what's wrong, and how being sick is twisting his perception, how even the way he's striking out makes perfect sense to him. 

It's a scary book, and it's sad when the little boy dies...but it's Cujo who makes me cry.  Because he IS a Good Dog, and should have had his rabies shot, the cheap....

I took out the bad word I wanted to say, but it's a REALLY bad word.  Starts with an F. 

Poor, sweet Cujo. 

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline WhollyPaws

• Gnawer
  • Love me, love my dogs!
    • View Profile
    • Wholly Paws specialized dog care services
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 12:17:56 pm »
Gosh yes, Where the Red Fern Grows! And you know, I only watched Old Yeller ONCE in my entire life and I still remember the anguish. I was five years old. That was enough for me. Just can't take it. muriel at wholly paws
be sure to take a gentle pause with your favorite paws each and every day!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 12:37:19 pm »
Yes, Cujo, absolutely!  That book brings me to tears too!  The stuff he shows from the perspective of the dog is just heartbreaking.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 12:38:03 pm by grumpybunny »

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 02:44:09 am »
I saw "My Dog Skip" for the first time last weekend and cried and cried. When he hits the dog and it yelps and then when the dog is on the operating table at the vet's office... the waterworks were on. Then when he's trying to climb the bed near the end and then it says he died. Crushing... :(

The original Incredible Journey always did it to me. I watched that over and over when I was a kid (12 maybe?). It was more of a younger kid movie, I guess, but I was obsessed... lol

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 02:33:24 pm »
Oh, my lord, I forgot about Skip getting slapped.

Probably that slap is why I find the Muniz kid SO annoying on screen.  Any kid that would slap a dog...

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 07:18:23 pm »
Homeward Bound.....all three movies made me cry.  Any movie where the animal is hurt or dies makes me cry.  Or when the hero dies, I bawled after Ladder 49.  Emergency Vets also makes me cry as well as the Animal Rescue shows.  Which is why I decided against being a vet....I'd be constantly crying my eyes out. 
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties