Author Topic: Puppy has arrived!!!  (Read 12310 times)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Puppy has arrived!!!
« on: February 16, 2006, 02:31:06 pm »
I called the breeder on the 13th and our puppy was in process of being born!  Yay!!  So now just the long 6ish week wait until we can pick him up.  Wooo whooooo! 8)
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Blair

Re: Puppy has arrived!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 02:36:43 pm »
Awe sweet puppt breathe!! What kind of puppy are you getting?

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 03:31:39 pm »
YAY!! I love puppies!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 04:21:48 pm »
puppies, puppies puppies!!!!!!!!!

If I recall correctly you are getting an American Mastiff, I really want one but hubby is being stubborn and won't let me put my name on the list :P It is just a matter of time before I break him down please please please post pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy & Harley

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 04:28:58 pm »
Awe sweet puppt breathe!! What kind of puppy are you getting?
A fawn, male American Mastiff...and yes, PUPPY BREATH!!!  I cannot wait!  My dog will be 12 on March 1 so it has been YEARS since I smelled puppy breath.  <sigh>
"That's the problem."

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 04:35:16 pm »
puppies, puppies puppies!!!!!!!!!

If I recall correctly you are getting an American Mastiff, I really want one but hubby is being stubborn and won't let me put my name on the list :P It is just a matter of time before I break him down please please please post pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy & Harley

You don't have to worry about the photos...I will post and post and post.   :)  Your profile doesn't say what area you are in, but maybe if your husband MET some AM's he would fall in love.  The breeder we are getting ours from has testimonial letters (some are flippin'amazing) from families of their pups on the website as well as photos.  Keep it up, you can break him!!!  <LOL>
"That's the problem."

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 03:04:07 am »
Cant wait to see him. Congrats
cuttles

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 09:53:05 am »
Thats so cool!! I cant wait to see pics.  Who are the parents? My wife is back on the list for a fawn... oh boy!
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 05:23:56 pm »
 ;D We love puppy's bryce would like the pup to be brindle not fawn ! Or how about both he says  ;D
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 05:39:02 pm »
You don't have to worry about the photos...I will post and post and post.     Your profile doesn't say what area you are in, but maybe if your husband MET some AM's he would fall in love.  The breeder we are getting ours from has testimonial letters (some are flippin'amazing) from families of their pups on the website as well as photos.  Keep it up, you can break him!!!  <LOL>

We are in Rochester, NY - so I know there is a breeder in Ohio and one in Pennsylvania; where did you get yours from Hubby did say in passing one day if you are going to get one you should get it from the originator, followed by your not getting one!!!  I bet I do

If you don't mind me asking how long you were on a waiting list?  I'm trying to decide about timing and such.  I see Deepwood Acres waiting list is closed until 2008.  I am looking for a fawn female - I can't even imagine how excited you must be - I am excited for you and looking forward to pictures.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 09:54:38 pm »
We are in Rochester, NY - so I know there is a breeder in Ohio and one in Pennsylvania; where did you get yours from Hubby did say in passing one day if you are going to get one you should get it from the originator, followed by your not getting one!!!  I bet I do

If you don't mind me asking how long you were on a waiting list?  I'm trying to decide about timing and such.  I see Deepwood Acres waiting list is closed until 2008.  I am looking for a fawn female - I can't even imagine how excited you must be - I am excited for you and looking forward to pictures.

Sorry I missed this post.  :)  We got on the list at FW on July 20th for a fawn male.  I believe the wait is longer on them (fawn males).  So we ended up waiting for 9 months.  FW has more dogs they breed so the wait may be shorter there but I don't really know.  You could always put your name at both the PA and OH breeders and see which one comes up with the pup quickest!  Or you can always call as opposed to email.  FW can take awhile to answer emails (FW is the only experience I have to relay) but I have called 2x lately and spoke directly to Fredericka.  I am in no way trying to lead you to any specific breeder though.  From reading here and the yahoo AM board, EVERYONE has only sang the praises of the breeders they got their pups from.  Keep me posted! 
"That's the problem."

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 09:58:44 pm »
Thats so cool!! I cant wait to see pics.  Who are the parents? My wife is back on the list for a fawn... oh boy!

The parents are Rufus and Grettle. 
"That's the problem."

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 01:49:07 pm »
Oh - how exciting!  That's great news!!!

NOW - just get through the next 6 weeks or so, keep busy (cause) waiting is never fun (but) is so rewarding!!!  ;)

Offline Proliant

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 11:06:33 am »
Women always have the upper hand in any type of negotiations it is just a fact of life. I am CERTIAN that you will get your way .... it's just a matter of time!

Matthew and Goliath

You don't have to worry about the photos...I will post and post and post.     Your profile doesn't say what area you are in, but maybe if your husband MET some AM's he would fall in love.  The breeder we are getting ours from has testimonial letters (some are flippin'amazing) from families of their pups on the website as well as photos.  Keep it up, you can break him!!!  <LOL>

Offline kkmuller

• Gnawer
  • Fresca Willa Magesta
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 11:30:44 am »
We are on the waiting list for a Fawn female.   I know how excited you must be.
We plan on naming her "Willa Majesta"  Which means Unwavering protector and royal, bearing dignity.
As for the woman who can't convince her husband.  I was in the same boat.  I did so much research.  I presented it to him like a work presentation.  All the facts about the breed, both good and bad.  I looked into vets in the area with Mastiff experience.  I found a place that boards large breeds, and got the price. I bought a great book about the care and training of Mastiffs. I had a comeback for every comment he had. 
There is so much information on the internet about the breed.  It could help your case.
If you have any questions for me I'd be happy to answer them.