Author Topic: Big Dogs in the city  (Read 9747 times)

Offline vizslamaniac

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Big Dogs in the city
« on: May 21, 2005, 07:04:26 pm »
Hello all!
 I live with my two vizslas, Austin & Zoey, and our black cat Fez in NYC.  I’d love to hear from other urban big dog owners.

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Re: Big Dogs in the city
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 08:24:58 pm »
What beautiful babies! I'm not familier with this breed...I'll have to look them up. What can you tell me about them?
I live with my husband, 8 year old son, 2 cats and 2 sheltie mixes and an Irish Wolfhound. I live in the city, sorta. I'm from Maine and for Maine this is a good size city. If you're from NY than it's not so much! We live in a house and have a small fenced in yard. Probably not the kind of city living you are refering to!
But welcome, and I look forward to learning more about your fur babies.

Vicki

nickerbokker

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 08:28:06 pm »
i live in the heart of hollywood..... so i guess thats a kinda big city right ;)

im going to be renting a house and a yard soon...but for now, a lil apartment has done ok and will do so for another 1/2 month.  the dogs are quite fond of elevator riding lol.  i REALLY REALLY think that once they have a big house, and a yard, that they still will be super lazy and sleep on my bed all day...and im okay with that, they learned it from me haha.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 10:01:46 pm »
Hi Vizslamaniac! We live in a city- not comparable to NY but a city none the less. We live in an apartment- my husband, our 2.5 year old Newf Bear, and myself. We have 2 dog walkers that take him out in the morning & afternoon and give him extra TLC while we are away. He is a giant in a good size apartment (1100 sq. ft.) until we can get a house but he does just fine. He is very laid back and sleeps alot so getting wild we are gone isn't something that happens so IMO- apartment living is fine.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 02:37:32 am »
I live in San Francisco near ocean beach and 15-30min from downstown. I guess it is still consider the city. We bought a house with a yard two years ago. And now we have two Doggies. 4 guniea pigs and 4 rats. The yard is a bit small compared to houses further from here but when your in San Francisco any yard is better than none . :)
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 09:36:55 am »
Hello, what beautiful babies you have!

We used to live in "the city", but when the oppertunity popped up for us to purchase a large home on 10 acres, we jumped at the chance.

We are hoping within the next two years or so to start woking with our local St. Bernard rescue, and we plan on having horses, so lage acreage was necessary.

Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA