Author Topic: OH NO, Lucy (my kitty) in is heat early!  (Read 1550 times)

Lyn

OH NO, Lucy (my kitty) in is heat early!
« on: February 05, 2006, 10:25:05 am »
Yesterday Lucy, my long haired female kitty went into heat. She's not suppose to be old enough for that but I guess my vet was wrong. Or she's an early bloomer. And god help me!!! My poor male cat (Fido) that is neutered is getting molested by her. She's even following Bubba around. LOL Poor Bubba is so confused. He doesn't understand what's wrong with her. LOL

She's driving me crazy!! And my vet won't spay her until her heat in finished. She's strickly an indoor kitty, but she's trying to sneak out. So I have her on lockdown for now. lol

I seriously can't stand her right now. LOL I want to get her spayed asap. Anyone know how long female cats are in heat for?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 10:26:35 am by Lyn »

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
Re: OH NO, Lucy (my kitty) in is heat early!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 12:07:26 pm »
Oh....our foster kitty, Binks, went into heat while she was still nursing her kittens! I can see why there is such a problem!   
The vet told me a week! 
It was the longest week of my life!   
After 24 hours I didn't like her much anymore. 
It was terrible!!!  Cats in heat are HORRIBLE!
But hold tight.  Don't give in.   Don't throw her outside.
I've seen the light and it's good! 
Binks has been fixed, she's healed, and now she's back to her friendly, wonderful, non-yowling self. 
Oh yea....and she's no longer a foster kitty.  She lives here  now.     ;)

Good luck!

-Wendy
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 04:39:19 pm »
Ok so I have a week.. ugh. This is the first time I've had an a cat go into heat. And lemme tell you it will be the last time. From now on they will be going in a little earlier to get fixed.

This is quite honestly disgusting. Poor Bubba can't lay down anywhere she is all over him. YUCK

She's actually not too bad with the yowling.. so far.

I definitely wouldn't throw her outside.. there are 3 male strays out there just waiting. LOL 

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 12:27:47 pm »
ACK!! Lucy was in heat until Feb.12. And yesterday she just went into heat AGAIN!  :o Geez I thought I'd have a more time than that. OMG! Why did I get a female cat!!?? LOL

So much for getting her spayed right now.  :(

Melissa, Clara and Lucy look similar. Although Lucy looks like she's part squirrel with her bushy tail. lol