Author Topic: WOO-HOO!!!! Boo graduated!!!!!!!  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
WOO-HOO!!!! Boo graduated!!!!!!!
« on: February 12, 2006, 11:42:00 am »
So, my baby girl is an obedience class graduate!  I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but she was the only deaf dog in a class full of hearing dogs and she did great!!The only move she had trouble with was the "leave it" command but that might have something to do with the fact that all the other dogs had left their treats on the floor and she's incredibly food motivated.  Sooo.....she ate all theirs.  Oops.  But she did great with her sit/down/stay/wait and come command.  The trainer also threw in a curve ball by having the dogs run to their owners while all the other dogs/people stood in a line with food.  She had to run right past them and not stop and come to me and she actually did it.  Didn't pay attention to anyone but mommy!!!  Which is way better than at home when she turns her head and plays the "if I don't see mommy, she can't give me a sign and I don't have to do it" game.  Of course I had my mom take pictures too!  The first is in the ring doing the sit/down/sit command.  Next is all of us getting instruction on having to hold out treats to see if the dogs will stop or go right to their people.  3rd one is the trainer holding Boo before she took off like a rocket heading right for me and ignoring the other dogs/people.  Then is my pretty girl with her graduation hat on (sort of) ;D

Icerotti

Re: WOO-HOO!!!! Boo graduated!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 11:45:07 am »
CONGRATS!!! You are sucha smart girl Boo...much smater than Farley who failed level 2...lol

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »
Way to go Boo!!! Congrats!!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 06:01:59 pm »
WOW! Very impressive! I love hearing about how deaf dogs can overcome and do so well!! ;D
Say... is she a merlequin?? Check out the topic "Leeloo and Mr. Grey are famous"... I bet that website would love a picture of your baby to put on the rare colors page!! :D

Offline Smaug

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 06:48:13 pm »
Too cool, congratulation s to the both of you.  Knew you could do it and enjoy it at the same time.  Must be so proud, both of you.  You and Boo are special and you will both be able to do everything you want to.  Great job.