Author Topic: who else is going to KILL THEIR ANGUS  (Read 7225 times)

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
who else is going to KILL THEIR ANGUS
« on: February 21, 2006, 09:49:05 am »
ya know what....i'm really tired of having him  >:(.  i know this looks terrible...and my mother makes me watch the dog whisperer EVERY sunday at 10 and i sneak it every day when she doesn't know lol....so i know that angus being angus is MY FAULT.  i take the blame ok?  i screwed him up...BUT I'M TIRED OF HAVING A SCREWED UP DOG!  HE IS WEARING DOWN EVERY LAST NERVE I HAVE. 

for like a month the dog did great here.  but for a month he has been the devil again.  EVERY.....EVER Y morning i wake up to something....a kitchen FULL of pee (literally), ripped up crap, blah blah blah....he doesn't care, it doesn't phase him...and i am REALLY tired of mopping the flor 4 times a DAY.  if i tell him to do something he doesn't want to do, he will look me in the eyes and pee....if i put him in the garage for 10 minutes while the phone guy is here, there is pee all over the garage, if i put him in the basement (dog firnedly/my office) while i mop upstairs, he will pee on the stairs and in trails around the downstairs.... he still gets pissy with me and growls, snaps, whatever he wants. 

cody NEEDS to make us happy.  the dog is not happy if he is not making us happy....angus could care less.  if he doesn't get HIS way he will pee, and then attack. 

i'm really really tired and worn out.  it's been a constant struggle and fight since i got him. 

to end on a high note, he is doing better with his barking. :o

okay...so that's my rant.  now who wants him ?  LMAO. 
NICKI

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: who else is going to KILL THEIR ANGUS
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 09:59:23 am »
Aww so sorry to hear Angus is being such a BIG pecker head.
I had a beagle that was like that but he would just dribble as soon as you talked to him. It was really weird, he even cocked his leg and peed right on my leg once.
That was pretty much the last straw for me and we found him a home on a farm where he had lots of room to pee where ever he wanted.
Is Angus neautered? Im asking because once Karen got Judge neautered he calmed right down, he doesnt bolt for the door the minute its open anymore. He was also peeing in the house which he had never done before. That all stopped immediately after his surgery. Judge is now a real calm cool a collected gentleman. If Angus isnt neautered you might want to consider it. Just a thought ???
Good luck
Carole

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:02:03 am »
the funnest thing in my life was cutting off his nutties.  they were gone months ago!  sadly, it didn't effect him lol.  crap huh?  tell ms coon that i would be HAPPY to take judge off her hands for angus.  i think its a fair trade?  what about u?  i'll even trade for the new puppy
NICKI

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 10:14:57 am »
To Bad, I thought maybe it would be a quick fix!!!LOL
I dont think coon would trade but I will throw the idea her way ;D I have a cute pic of Judge and my daughter in all his glory. I think you will enjoy this one he he
Carole

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 10:21:09 am »
ugh...you're right, i do love it! 

see, that's all i wanted lol, why is that too much to ask
NICKI

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 10:38:44 am »
ugh...you're right, i do love it! 

see, that's all i wanted lol, why is that too much to ask
Sorry! I didnt mean to make you feel worse! I know what its like to have a little meat head for a dog! Its not fun at all! I hope he will grow up soon and start being a good boy! We had a black Lab once that was the worst little B*&%ch that I had ever seen till she was about 2 or 3 and once she grew up she was the best adult dog ever, so dont lose hope. He might do the same. You never know???
Good Luck
Carole

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 11:37:27 am »
Nicki that sucks!!! I thought I had it bad with Nigel still having a few accidents... but I maybe have the mop a room once a week or so... ugh. And when a big dog pees inside it is really like a gallon or so and you can forget about paper towels. The peepee puddles laugh in the face of paper towels!!! You have no choice but the mop.

When Angus was doing well for a while there, were you doing anything different or was it just coincidence that he did better for a while?

Is it possible that he has minor incontinence, or is the peeing purely behavioral? I am so sorry he is grating at your last nerve. I feel like that sometimes but it's usually a conglomerate of all my dogs making me feel that way instead of just one. Ugh that must be so hard.

Uhhh... hang in there? :-\

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 11:43:48 am »
lol, if angus just simply couldn't hold it and i wasn't taking him out enough or he was easily excited or something, i wouldn't be mad.  my dog tyler sometimes peed from excitment, and i understood that. 

what angus does is this....if i tell him to say, lay down, and he doesn't want to....he looks me straight in the eye, squats, and pees!  then when he can i guess feel how PISSED i get, he growls and shows teeth.  he's swell lol.  his other little trick, which i guess i contributed to by always opening the door, is to pee at a door when he wants to get to the other side....hence peeing on the garage steps (not to mention all over the damn thing) and the basement stairs.  when people would come to work in my apartments, i would always put him and cody in a back room, so he would pee cuz he knew i would open the door to clean it.  the dog is not stupid....no he's not...he's a friggin ugly genius...which pisses me off more lol.  i can't tell you how annoying it is to wake up every damn day and have pee to clean up.  he's ruined the rugs in my moms kitchen...we have to wash them sometimes 4-5 times a week, and now the backing is coming off them.  if it were my own place it wouldn't be so bad, but since he's killing my moms house i am all the more annoyed.

i don't know why he was good for a month.  i don't think we changed anything but location.  it was right after we came from cali to here...but now he's comfortable again, and pissing everywhere!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 11:46:20 am by nickerbokker »
NICKI

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 11:52:27 am »
Holy cow... you are a strong gal to keep trying to work with him!!! And your mom must be pretty amazing too!

I'm sure you've heard all the advice before, I wish I could offer up some kind of solution.  :-\

Angus, please start treating your mommy better!!!!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 01:04:16 pm »
Phenobarbital!!! Drugs!!! It's the answer to everything!!  Just kidding! I know how hard you've tried with him...there's no doubt!!  He was probably good because it was a new situation and he was unsure of himself.  The answer is:

MOVE BACK!  If you move once a month, he'll be ever so good!!

You and your mom do have our sympathy though!!!

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 01:06:43 pm »
Phenobarbital!!! Drugs!!! It's the answer to everything!!  Just kidding! I know how hard you've tried with him...there's no doubt!!  He was probably good because it was a new situation and he was unsure of himself.  The answer is:

MOVE BACK!  If you move once a month, he'll be ever so good!!

You and your mom do have our sympathy though!!!

LMAO....thanks .  that was quite funny!  i think I shall give drugs a try lol.  i've already done the move every month thing, lol, if my furniture wasn't so darned heavy, i would continue...but the crap is unreal!!!!!!!!  ask jaba, it's approx 4,000 lbs lol. 
NICKI

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 01:08:28 pm »
......get lighter furniture!  A sleeping bag and a toothbrush!  then you are good to move every night, if necessary!!!

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 01:10:31 pm »
ok...i'll work on it.  thankfully, i have the toothbrush lol.  i really think we should move to the country where he can sleep outside and run around, and i can live in a tent...and then he can pee EVERYWHERE and i wont have to hate him.  lol..but then where will i brush me teeth!
NICKI

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 04:40:56 pm »
Angus needs a good butt kicking by his Auntie Jaba...and his intestines/bladder/man part removed  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2006, 04:44:09 pm »
i'll buy your ticket jaba....when you coming. 

and...angus is free to good home after the removal of man parts. lol
NICKI