Author Topic: Are they all so sweet?  (Read 24655 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Are they all so sweet?
« on: February 23, 2006, 02:01:47 am »
I met the sweetest little English Bulldog today at our vet's...She was so sweet & cuddly & met me like she has always known me!...Are they all this sweet?

GR8DAME

Re: Are they all so sweet?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 10:31:35 am »
I dunno, Chelle. The only bulldog I ever met was when I was a kid, and he had no manners. He lived on a farm where I used to go all the time to ride. Everytime he saw me he got a crazed look in his blood-shot little eyes, run over and hump my leg till he fell over exhausted. I may not be the best judge as I wouldn't consider that a glowing testimonial... LOL
Stella

Blair

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 10:56:32 am »
When I waorked at the groomers, I met like 4 different bulldogs and every one of them were just so sweet and loving.

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 11:17:10 am »
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAH! STELLA! OMG! I'm cracking up. That is quite an image!

Well, I've only met one English bully, and he was super sweet. However, I've met two American bullies, and they were WAY sweet!! I'm currently fostering one of the sweetest dogs ever! (An American bully) 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 11:24:34 am »
I've met a couple.  both seemed kinda lazy and slow but nice.  They have their moments though.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 11:34:33 am »
I'm with Stella on this one. I met one bulldog and he was the rudest dog ever. He would fart & burp a lot. He also had no manners. I think it could have been the owners fault for not training him correctly. He scared me though. He was also on a farm. Hmmm, maybe it's a farm thing.

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 04:25:18 pm »
I'm going to weigh in on the side that they are sweet and loveable. I was in the Marines, and had the honor of occasionally taking the base mascot out for playtime. He was just freakin awesome. Of course, his name was Chesty, and he *knew* he was "King Turd on Doo-Doo Mountain", but for all that, he was still a darling.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline brooklily

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 01:57:29 pm »
I love the bully breeds.Im not sure exactly what my baby is but prob some kind of English bulldog mix.She is outrageously loving and playful.Sweet Sweet Sweet. There is no gas problem. I think that is a food issue. (just dont let your bully buy crappy cheap food. lol) They are wonderful dogs. I found the bullies i meet can be a little scrappy with other dogs(training helps that) and they do snore, but who the h*ll is perfect?  Brooklily's mum
She is not naughty, she is fun!
Brooklily 2 1/2    bulldog mix

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 07:21:01 pm »
Most are very sweet with humans. However some can be dog aggressive and some can be rather "determined" when it comes to training and manners.

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 11:42:34 pm »
Most are very sweet with humans. However some can be dog aggressive and some can be rather "determined" when it comes to training and manners.

I agree. My neighbor has an English (named Duke, of course) and he is absolutely the most perfect family dog.  Sweet, kind, funny, tolerant of kids and visitors. 

TERRIBLE with other dogs.  That's the only drawback I have seen.
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 11:59:48 pm »
My friends have a white am bulldog and she is a doll. She loves people and loves to play. She's a teensy bit dog agressive, but not so that her dad can't handle it at the dog park as part of training. Her mommy can't take her, though - I think the dog outweighs her! She's a big oaf of a dog, and lets their two kids sit on her and crawl all over her without a complaint. She used to go to work with dad (he owns an auto repair shop), but doesn't now because she started growling at the elderly lady customers.  ??? Still can't figure that one out! But, she stays home now so the old ladies don't get uncomfortable.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 01:36:33 am »
I love the bully breeds.Im not sure exactly what my baby is but prob some kind of English bulldog mix.She is outrageously loving and playful.Sweet Sweet Sweet. There is no gas problem. I think that is a food issue. (just dont let your bully buy crappy cheap food. lol) They are wonderful dogs. I found the bullies i meet can be a little scrappy with other dogs(training helps that) and they do snore, but who the h*ll is perfect?  Brooklily's mum

Are you sure your baby isnt a full English Bulldog? My hubbys cousin raises English Bulldogs,he has 6..yours looks just like his male,same color,build and teeth!I wish I had a pic to show you,yours is identical to his.His are very well mannered,3 of them stay inside the house and they are the sweetest ever!
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 01:50:39 am »

Here is hubbys cousins card I have in my wallet,I keep it for there phone number,the pic of the bulldog is one of his champion studs he has on the card,You can go to his web and see the pic of the one that looks like yours.
Tigger-barn kitty

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 01:59:09 am »
OOPPP..cant really read his web on the card,its www.thebulldog farm.bravehost .com

I would like for you to see his that looks like your baby.
Tigger-barn kitty

Offline brooklily

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 03:38:09 am »

Are you sure your baby isnt a full English Bulldog? My hubbys cousin raises English Bulldogs,he has 6..yours looks just like his male,same color,build and teeth!I wish I had a pic to show you,yours is identical to his.His are very well mannered,3 of them stay inside the house and they are the sweetest ever!
[/quote] 
I really dont know. They did say she was , but they were shadey and i took her cause she had been in a cellar for a long time :-[.(prob the whole first 6 months of her life}
She might be pure,but she is a bit taller than most i see and with longer legs. I will check out that website 2night after work.Thanks! Also im happy people posted some positive bully stuff. They do get a bad rap. Even I think they are a bit scrappy with other dogs, but with a firm and fun owner it can be worked on. I have some leash issues with her and other dogs I cant seem to fix and will be posting with questions looking for help later on. For right now here is my bully with her pal Titus.They are great friends, :D See it can be done.Brooklily's mum
She is not naughty, she is fun!
Brooklily 2 1/2    bulldog mix