Author Topic: Meet our furry guests  (Read 1874 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Meet our furry guests
« on: February 24, 2006, 09:49:38 pm »
Meet Luke and Posey.  4 mo old rat terriers I am watching for a friend who's female just had a litter of 8 pups early this morning.  They are actually needing homes, and I am hoping to be keeping one of them if I can convince my husband.

Posey is a chocolate tricolor female, and Luke is a black tricolor male.

Keiko meeting Posey

Gunther meeting Luke

Although blurry, one of my fav pics, as Luke goes flying thru the air at Posey

Puppies running

Rattie butt

First game of tug-o-war

I like this pic although blurry as well.  Gunther is terrified of balloons and went running out of the way when Posey came running by.

Three doggie butts

Needing a break after all that running.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Meet our furry guests
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 09:58:15 pm »
cute :)
RIP former BPO

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 11:44:59 am »
They're so cute!! Looks like they all had a lot of fun. What one do you want to keep?

enuffpaws

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 02:27:52 pm »
Well your having lots of fun too i see,there all sooo cute pics ! maybe hubby will fell in love .lol

dale ;)

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 03:36:51 pm »
they are all so precious! Looks like you have your hands full! I hope you get to keep one!
Carole

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 08:16:16 pm »
Well, am now keeping them until this coming Sat.  They are starting to grow on hubby, and I would take both if I could get away with it.  They both enjoy cuddling with hubby on the couch, and they have all taken several naps together either on him or curled in the crook of his legs.........l ol.

I'm not sure which one I would keep.  Originally, I wanted Posey, the chocolate female, but she is sooooo timid, it would be like starting over with another Gunther, but much smaller.  And I don't know if a toy breed would ever get over that kind of timidness b/c of their size.  The male is very confident, which I like, but he is also a dominant male and we have already had some issues with that.  My finger has a number of puncture wounds on it due to one of his temper tantrums.  But we had a "coming to Jesus" talk on Friday, and he hasn't acted up since.

If I could get one with his confidence, but her temperment and cuddliness it would be perfect.  We will wait and see.  Both Keiko and Gunther prefer the female.  Both have show potential, but the male has more potential and I would ilke to show whoever I get (as a practice dog to get me used to showing before I pick a permanent breed to work with).  Plus, I think a male would be easier to work with for a beginner as you wouldn't have to deal with heat cycles.  I have until May to decide, as we can't take in any more dogs until then.