Author Topic: fumble's got a big bump :(  (Read 8739 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: fumble's got a big bump :(
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006, 08:19:44 pm »
just got back from the vet.. he said the same it's hygroma.. and mentioned getting elbow pads.. and a bed for him to sleep in.. i think i'm gonna have to go with the elbow pads... because fumble hates sleeping on carpets.. you can put a carpet or blanket down and he moves it.. or puts his paws under it!  so i'm thinking those Dogleggs are a great option..

i do have to say!  i'm so sick of trying to find a good vet on cape cod!  i'm not sure, but everyone treats me so differently.. im not sure if it's because i'm younger.. i'm 23, but i basically look 13!  i just wish a vet would take me seriously!  argh!   :o
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2006, 08:32:49 pm »
Yeah i'm almost 19 but I look 13 too, so yeah...I know the feeling.  Luckily my mom works for the vet and she's awesome.  She loves to teach everyone something even the little kids.  Too bad you don't live down here in CT.  I've learned so much from her.  But I've had people not take me seriously numerous times.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 10:00:22 pm »
Did Fumble get checked out today?   Hope all is well...... thinking of you.
Karen

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 02:32:30 pm »
It is good to know it is nothing serious :)

My two youngsters are insured, and I am glad they are as Kitten has elbow problems, so already the insurance has paid more than I have paid them, and tomorrow Kit goes for x-rays :o
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 04:34:51 pm »
Glad to hear Fumbles O.K. and it's nothing serious

Andy Bell & Hovis
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 05:17:08 pm »
I wonder if a year round "cooling pad" would entice him to lay on it. They are padded and disperse the body heat?

Our Saint will not lie on a dog bed either so we got him one of the cooling pads at Petco I believe. I am not sure how it works, but he loves it. They are kinda spendy so I just use it in the summer. Once it starts getting warm out he will go to the spot I always put his "cooling pad" at and just stare at the floor until I get the hint.  :)

Stacie

k2campbell

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 10:48:30 pm »
Glad to hear Fumble doesn't have anything serious - WHEW!!!

Those Dog Leggs are neat!  :)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 04:36:51 pm »
Hi,

This could be an option also, I've seen them advertised but have no idea how well they work. Cooling pad may cause fumble to select the mat to sleep on as it will be the cool spot in the room.

http://www.petmarket.com/canine-cooler-bed-large-36-x-48-p-1494.html

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 05:29:28 pm »
just got back from the vet.. he said the same it's hygroma.. and mentioned getting elbow pads.. and a bed for him to sleep in.. i think i'm gonna have to go with the elbow pads... because fumble hates sleeping on carpets.. you can put a carpet or blanket down and he moves it.. or puts his paws under it!  so i'm thinking those Dogleggs are a great option..

i do have to say!  i'm so sick of trying to find a good vet on cape cod!  i'm not sure, but everyone treats me so differently.. im not sure if it's because i'm younger.. i'm 23, but i basically look 13!  i just wish a vet would take me seriously!  argh!   :o

Awwww...glad Fumble is ok. Poor little big guy. Sadie sends kisses. Sadie does the same thing with blankets. She gets too hot laying on them. Those Dogleggs sound like a good plan. Although I have to say, that would be a funny sight with big huge Fumble wearing them ;D

Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge