Author Topic: Does Your House Look Like a Kennel  (Read 2080 times)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Does Your House Look Like a Kennel
« on: February 27, 2006, 11:55:13 am »
Mack and I really want our living room back.  Anyone else considering an addition for your dogs?

Cindy

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Does Your House Look Like a Kennel
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 11:59:28 am »
I highly recommend having a "dog room"!!! It is great! Luckily, before we moved into this house someone added on some extra rooms, and one just happens to have a nice brick floor, perfect for our kennel! Right now it has 2 puppy pens and 4 crates in it.  ;D

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 12:13:59 pm »
LOL it looks like my house right now!!! Currently I have 2 crates in my room, an expen in the kitchen and another crate next to the x-pen.
At one time had a bedroom converted to a dog room but lost that to my son :-\  I often dream of adding on to the back of the house just to make them their own room again why I don't just use the basement I'll never know.

But take comfort in knowing there are others who live like you do...you are not alone :D

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 12:42:00 pm »
I shoved dog crates, toys, and dogs into the basement.  The dog hair, the dogs themselves, and varios toys peeking out from under chairs are the only evidence we have.  (plus, the land mines in the backyard).  The basement is great, it's cool, it's secluded, and it's their own.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 03:57:32 pm »
 ;D i can totally understand how you feel! i started out with 1 now i have 3 med large and ex large when ex large came he is still a pup i thought i was done so i got wall to wall carpeting ummum mmmuuuu big mistake ! my other 2 are older 3 and 5 so there done sometimes they find trouble not to often but ex large is still nibbling things and i have 'nt the heart to put him in a crate so the kitchen is his crate needless to say he has nawed down the legs on kitchen i guess its like you think your done having kids and then here comes another. my house will always be mine and my dogs oh well.......... ..
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 03:59:12 pm »
You bet we have a dog room!...It was formely known as the 4 season's room or family room...lol...M y dogs have their own fireplace...Of coarse we don't ever light it because they'd be too hot! :D

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 08:55:37 pm »
Of course my house looks like a kennel. With 6 dogs why not. All their crates are in the spare bedroom which I turned into a laundry room, dog room. They sleep in there, otherwise they are all over the house along with their toys and bones.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 11:35:30 pm »
Mack and I really want our living room back.  Anyone else considering an addition for your dogs?

Cindy

Yes, we're working on an addition now.  It is to be a dog/man room with a bathroom with a dog-friendly shower.  Woodstove too for the old bones to warm their backs on.  We used to have a woodstove and all winter long the dog beds would circle the stove.
Daphne

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 10:07:02 am »
I'm thinking of moving into the kennel in the back yard and letting Flynn have the house - he-he! His crate in the kitchen is bigger than my bedroom was when I was a kid. I'm bringing home a female shar-pei in the next week and I think the small crate is going to have to go back up in the living room too. I'm wondering if I can get a wooden top and discuise it as an occasional table. It's either that or a plastic bed in the kitchen and yet another dog gate.