Author Topic: Hi Everyone! Another Big Dog Lover Here!  (Read 6816 times)

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone! Another Big Dog Lover Here!
« on: May 24, 2005, 04:58:18 pm »
Hello everyone! I am so glad that I found this site! I have been searching for months to find a great Giant dog place to visit on the internet, and have belonged to many dog forums, but like you all probably know it is hard to find people who understand life with our giant babies! I have a 20 month old Saint named Hutch, and a husky/shepherd cross named Abbey. We got Hutch when he was ten months old from a rescue, and he was the most amazing thing to have happened to me. I will never be without a Saint again!! Looking forward to meeting you all!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Rufiesmom

Re: Hi Everyone! Another Big Dog Lover Here!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 05:10:21 pm »
Welcome!  Hutch is beautiful!!  Hope you post more pictures of him!  Baby pics if you have them because Saints are the CUTEST babies!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 05:11:13 pm »
Hi "saintgirl" and welcome, but beware.... this place is too nice, after a few weeks you may come down with the BPO synderome lol..... Quite a few of us have it already and it is very very catching. Here you will get all the understanding you'll need, we are all pretty much obsessing over our big babies. It would be nice to see some pics of your baby.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 05:41:54 pm »
Hi Saintgirl! Glad you found your new home on the internet!  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 05:53:50 pm »
Thanks guys! Already I can tell I'll be an addict. Dogs are my passion in life, and my own dogs are my life. It's great to find a place here that others feel the same.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 06:07:00 pm »
Welcome Saintgirl!  Your Hutch is a looker!  He actually looks a lot like my Leo in his mask.  I can't say enough about this site and how wonderful it is!  You will be up all night trying to read past posts and catching up!  I know I was useless the first day I came here!  You're a goner but I am so glad to have a fellow Saint mommy here too!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 06:38:32 pm »
O.k.!...That's it!...I want a St.!...lol...I say that to about every breed I see on here...I am SSSSOOOOOOOOOO O torn!...So many big dogs...so little family room space...lol... Anyway, welcome!...This is an awesome site for sure!!!...My name is Chelle & I live in Iowa...My Great Pyrenees is 10 months old now & his name is Samson...a.k.a . Sammy Whammy...a.k.a . TheBigWhiteSti nkyDog (what my kids call him)...lol...I just love Hutch!...I wanna hug him alot!...A friend of mine who works in a pet supply store told me that 3000 St.'s are registered with the A.K.C. every year & 1000 of them end of in rescue...So sad!!!!!!...I am glad you found Hutch!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 06:45:23 pm »
Hi.&Welcome!!! Hutch is beautiful. you have found the best site for big dogs. Everyone on here is just great. Hope to see more pics of your Big Dogs.
Karen & Judge
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 07:06:44 pm »
Looks like Hutch enjoys the outdoors.  Does he swim in the lake?  You will have to share more photos of his adventures. 
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 07:57:14 pm »
Wow, surrounded by saints.  That must be a good thing.  Welcome.  I want a saint too. :D
Peggy

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 04:08:27 am »
It's great meeting everyone! Hutch loves the outdoors, he can't get enough of swimming, playing in the snow, chasing his 'sister' Abbey. I'll be sure to post some pics! It is sad about all of the St.'s that end up in rescue, and all of the other giant breeds out there. I wonder what the original owners were thinking that they were warned about the size, shedding, drool...etc. Did they think people were just making it all up to deter them from a cute little puppy?

Anyway- you all have such beautiful babies! I see each of them and think maybe we have room for one more!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

nickerbokker

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 05:20:08 am »
Hello everyone! I am so glad that I found this site! I have been searching for months to find a great Giant dog place to visit on the internet, and have belonged to many dog forums, but like you all probably know it is hard to find people who understand life with our giant babies! I have a 20 month old Saint named Hutch, and a husky/shepherd cross named Abbey. We got Hutch when he was ten months old from a rescue, and he was the most amazing thing to have happened to me. I will never be without a Saint again!! Looking forward to meeting you all!

just so that you know....you will get STUCK on this site and pretty soon will not be able to go an hour iwthout checking in and seeing what is new.  ITS TERRIBLE, AND GREAT AT THE SAME TIME!  YOU'LL GET HOOKED SO QUICK!  THIS SITE IS THE BEST DRUG EVER!

welcome!

your kiddo is very cute by the way!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 09:22:22 am »
Welcome!  Hutch is sooo cute!  What a handsome guy!  He sure is lucky to have found his forever home with you.  I swear....if I keep seeing such cute puppy pics, I'm going to end up with one of every kind!  I'm going to need to move to my own island!  There's a thought...BPO island, where we can all live happily with our Giant Breeds!  LOL!  Anyway....I have a 6 month old Greater Swiss Mountain Dog named Ranger, and he is my first Large/Giant Breed dog and this forum has been a lifesaver for me!  WARNING:  It is massively addictive!  I was worried that the husbands/wives/girlfriends/boyfriends/sig. others of us BPO addicts were going to start an BPO Anon for us, but Marit ("mastiffmommy") has fixed that - we are sending all of them to a support group!  LOL!   It really is a wonderful forum where you can ask questions and talk openly and honestly about your furbabies with people who are just like you...love their furkids!  We are very glad you joined and look forward to hearing more from you and MORE PICS of the babies!!!  I just adore all these pics! 

Heather and Ranger (Swissy Extrodinaire)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 06:43:51 am »
Now that is just rediculous...S hetland Ponies in the house...indeed!...We keep ours in the basement...lol ...Seriously though, Samson only takes up the room where he is laying down....He is a perfect house dog!...He doesn't do too much when we are inside...very low energy...When we go out into the yard he romps like a pony but he usually tires out even before I do which ia pretty amazing...lol!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 06:51:38 am »
LOL Judge is the same. Ive seen little dogs with much more energy in the house.Dinosaur name for them??? Bigpawasaurous .
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket