Author Topic: Otis the Mastiff  (Read 50295 times)

Offline declanssexymama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Um, I got BIG!
    • View Profile
Re: Otis the Mastiff
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2006, 08:44:39 am »
Yay for Otis!  Yay for Julie!  Yay for Gweck!  Boo for computer!

Give us an update when you're able!
God help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

kristi

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2006, 12:35:07 pm »
Use your imagination here - picture an old teletype machine - deet...dee-deet...dee...deet...

This just in... the latest update on Otis...

Julie & I are tag-teaming on this one - it's my turn...

Julie won't be able get Otis into her place for more evaluation with Gweck for another week.

We are both concerned about Otis getting to the "right" home with someone who knows & understands BP's. (We would hate for someone to take him in & then possibly dump him in a shelter later.) We are also sensitive to Otis's owner's needs to care for his allergic son & to act quickly.

So, I networked over to Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue & spoke with them regarding some possible assistance if the owner must act now. I spoke with Otis's owner & gave him all of the info regarding the group, etc. He was happy for the help.

Great Lakes said they would contact him & help out in any way that they can so that a great dog like Otis will find a good home!

Julie & I are working on a happy ending here... one way or another!
Go BPO!

Offline paharts

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Guinness, Kado, Holi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2006, 02:13:55 pm »
it makes me so happy & relieved that there are people like you out there. i knew i couldn't be the only one :)! thank you for posting Otis' saga. it makes my heart happy that there are people doing their best to help a newspaper-ad dog find a very good home.  i will make my next wish that he should quickly find the best home possible, even if it can't be with Julie or Kristi.
We might not be able to save them all, but we sure can try - Hart's Animal Rescue & Training-Forever Home Adoptions/H.A.R.T.-FHA

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2006, 07:01:45 am »
Hello All,
How ironic.....I got the call yesterday about Otis. I am involved with Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue. I had already talked to Otis's owner last week and at the time he thought he has Otis placed. I tild him I would call him back on Monday (yesterday which I did) to see if he still needed our assistance. Great Lakes is more than willing to evaluate this boy (from the sounds of it he is a great dog)and take him into rescue should he pass. I left Otis's Dad a message and I have not heard from him yet.
Kristi,
thanks so much for calling us in on this. I would hate for Otis to fall into the wrong hands especially since he is still intact! I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks,
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue,Inc.

kristi

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2006, 09:03:54 am »
Hello All,
How ironic.....I got the call yesterday about Otis. I am involved with Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue. I had already talked to Otis's owner last week and at the time he thought he has Otis placed. I tild him I would call him back on Monday (yesterday which I did) to see if he still needed our assistance. Great Lakes is more than willing to evaluate this boy (from the sounds of it he is a great dog)and take him into rescue should he pass. I left Otis's Dad a message and I have not heard from him yet.
Kristi,
thanks so much for calling us in on this. I would hate for Otis to fall into the wrong hands especially since he is still intact! I'll keep you all posted.
Thanks,
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue

Kim-
I will PM you with my cell # & fill you in directly on my observations.
I am soooo happy that you are on this! ;D
-k.
go BPO! go BPO! ...it's like a little cheer!

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2006, 05:17:53 pm »
Kristi...
Not sure if I an find a PM here. I am brand new to BPO. You can email me at DePalma91@aol.com
Thanks,
Kim
Kim

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2006, 05:54:03 pm »
 ;D WOO HOO ;D
I found the PM. I called Kristi so hopefully we can help this guy. Keep your fingers crossed for a good outcome.
Kim
Kim

Offline paharts

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Guinness, Kado, Holi
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2006, 07:12:30 pm »
this is so exciting! i love stories with good endings ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 07:13:26 pm by paharts »
We might not be able to save them all, but we sure can try - Hart's Animal Rescue & Training-Forever Home Adoptions/H.A.R.T.-FHA

kristi

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2006, 07:22:42 pm »
this is so exciting! i love stories with good endings ;D

****latest update****
Left a message with roxygirl... we are off Otis's rescue!
It is exciting - isn't it! I feel kind of like a "superhero"... da ta da!

paharts-
I just have to tell you... I love the signature on the bottom of your post!
"We might not be able to save them all, but we sure can try."
My philosophy exactly!;)
-k.

Offline paharts

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Guinness, Kado, Holi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2006, 07:43:32 pm »
thank you kristi. that does mean a lot to me :) i like to hear about people who feel the same as i do about these giant lovable :-* teddy-bears.

is julie still considering getting Otis? i know she has to wait until her visitors leave so am just wondering.

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2006, 08:37:07 pm »
Next chapter in the Otis story. I talked with Kristi and agree that Otis sounds like a great dog. I have contacted his owner again (left another message) about surrendering Otis to Mastiff Rescue and am waiting to hear back.
It was great to talk to you Kristi and thanks again for calling us at Mastiff Rescue  :)
Kim
Kim

kristi

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2006, 08:25:23 am »
Julie-
Kim knows you're still interested and about the situation with the visiting dogs at your place this week.
We were formulating a "back-up plan" if the owner must remove Otis before next Monday...
Call or PM me, & I will give you Kim's number so you can contact her directly. ;)
-k.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2006, 08:54:14 am »
I so want this to work out for Otis, Gweck and your family.  Hopefully Otis's family can keep him until your company has left;

Best of luck!!!  Fingers and Paws crossed

Randy & Harley

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2006, 09:10:32 am »
I live in Ravenswood/Lincoln Square and would be able to foster Otis between now and 3/23 (possibly longer but we will be away for a couple days).  My b/f works from home a few days a week, we have a dog walker and an extra crate.  I know Nola would love some company.  If I can help in any way, let me know. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 09:11:59 am by Boyle »

Nicole

« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2006, 12:03:02 pm »
Julie,
 As a second back-up plan, just in case...hahaha. ..ya never know...I will be in the area until Tuesday. If you need any additional help with fostering of Otis or whatever, just let me know!  ;D