Author Topic: Tripod Pooping  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Tripod Pooping
« on: February 28, 2006, 12:30:37 pm »
Drake has picked up a weird habit.  On his morning walk, he will be doing his usual lifting of the leg to pee on the neighbors plants, and then all of the sudden, he will lift his leg on a bush and start pooping!  Usually, it ends up sliding down his one leg and makes a disgusting mess in his fur.  :P  Has anybody else's dog done this?  It's so weird!  He doesn't always do it, but it happens quite often.  Is he just so caught up in lifting his leg to pee that he just does the same to poop?  I pretty much just chalk it up to him being a Goofy Newfie.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Tripod Pooping
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:07:03 pm »
EWWWWW!  Not a good new habit, Drake!!   :P

Chester, when we are out on walks does the spinning thing and then thrusts his rear end as far as the leash will allow in to a bush and then poops.  It's a good thing, I guess, because NO ONE will step in it...but it is odd!

Goofy Newfie is right!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 02:39:12 pm »
Chester, when we are out on walks does the spinning thing and then thrusts his rear end as far as the leash will allow in to a bush and then poops.  It's a good thing, I guess, because NO ONE will step in it...but it is odd!

We had a Lab like this years ago and my Pyr, Thor would also do that.  Piper just goes where ever she is, often on a walkway, often continuing to walk as she does her business so there is a drop here, a drop a few feet away, the last one a few more steps along the way.  Personally, the "hiders" are more to my liking.  Less chance of stepping in it  ::) 

Sorry about Drake!  That certainly is a nasty habit!  Hmmm, any way you can watch closely and see if there are any cues that he's starting to change from one intent to the other and disrupt him in the act?  Sorry I don't have any better ideas!  Our Pyr had the runs a few times and I didn't enjoy the cleanup job  :o  Yuck!
Daphne

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 02:46:53 pm »
I've known a couple of shar-pei do it, but nobody has fell in it. ;D I think they are a little more stable on 3 legs than a newf as they aren't as big and heavy. Both of them were males and in their case the object of the exercise seemed to be to try and poop as high up a tree as possible.

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 03:33:59 pm »
Max does the 3 legged bush poop, but not consistently.  Watching him, I have developed a theory about it.

I'm afraid this is going to get graphic.  Please avert any delicate eyes. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

You know how when something that you've eaten sort of...binds?  And you need to go, but it's sort of...not stuck, but kind of reluctant?  And you kind of squirm as you sit on the seat of glory, wiggling around until at last things...shift ...and you can get down to business?

I think that's the story of the 3 legged bush poop.  It's a different set of angles to get things moving in a more positive direction. 

GRAPHIC EPISODE OVER.

That's my theory, anyway.  I've noticed that Max, for example, does this when he's had more Pupperonis or turkey treats than carrot sticks or potato peelings! 

« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:35:34 pm by NoDogNow »
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 04:28:42 pm »
Max does the 3 legged bush poop, but not consistently.  Watching him, I have developed a theory about it.

I'm afraid this is going to get graphic.  Please avert any delicate eyes. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

You know how when something that you've eaten sort of...binds?  And you need to go, but it's sort of...not stuck, but kind of reluctant?  And you kind of squirm as you sit on the seat of glory, wiggling around until at last things...shift ...and you can get down to business?

I think that's the story of the 3 legged bush poop.  It's a different set of angles to get things moving in a more positive direction. 

GRAPHIC EPISODE OVER.

That's my theory, anyway.  I've noticed that Max, for example, does this when he's had more Pupperonis or turkey treats than carrot sticks or potato peelings! 

LMAO!!! I can't stop laughing!!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 04:35:15 pm »
I had a terrier/snauzer mix that did that and other wierd poop things...like walking poop.  I think she just wanted her "Privacy" or didn't want anyone to think she was pooping.

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 04:51:40 pm »
I think Goofy Newfy sums it up, Bell, though female, cocks her leg to wee if she's covering where another dog has been. I wonder if Drake is a long lost brother?

Andy Bell and Hovis
Slime flies when you're having fun!

k2campbell

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 10:59:11 pm »
Gotta say - this subject caught my attention :o

NoDogNow - that was frickin' hilarious!!!  A ha ha ha!!! :D

My comment is somewhat like Lin's.  We had a Rotti that would walk and poop, he always wanted his privacy.  When we would go camping, he wouldn't poop anywhere on or near our site (even if he REALLY had to go).  He'd make us walk him into the thick brush to take a dump...

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 04:14:40 pm »
Gotta say - this subject caught my attention :o

NoDogNow - that was frickin' hilarious!!!  A ha ha ha!!! :D

My comment is somewhat like Lin's.  We had a Rotti that would walk and poop, he always wanted his privacy.  When we would go camping, he wouldn't poop anywhere on or near our site (even if he REALLY had to go).  He'd make us walk him into the thick brush to take a dump...

LOL!  Poop is a private thing.  even for dogs. 

Missy would walk around and look slyly around till she thought she wasn't being watched.  And if she thought someone or something was looking ... she'd do the walking poop.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 04:15:59 pm by lins_saving_grace »