Author Topic: I have dog sickness :(  (Read 7468 times)

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: I have dog sickness :(
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 05:59:23 pm »
We have this car/dog problem too.  I have a toyota echo and two newfies!  At the moment we all fit in the car (my hubby, two newfies and me) but as Bella grows, uh oh! ::)

HEHEHEHE  Now just add kids.  ;)  We've been waiting for a RAV4 6 cyl with the 3rd row seat for what seems like forever!  Everytime I go to a dealership I get a different answer about when they are coming and it keeps getting pushed back.  If they don't hurry up I'm going to get a pathfinder instead!  gggrrrr.

Sorry, it got away from me.  :-[  Part of hubbies issue with having another dog is that we don't have an suv yet but I'm losing patience with getting one.  Besides, i'm forced to drive my hubby's crappy work car to the dog park because he doesn't want the dog in mine.  It stinks and has no ac.  :P
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Kiahpyr

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 06:03:01 pm »

HEHEHEHE  Now just add kids.  ;)  We've been waiting for a RAV4 6 cyl with the 3rd row seat for what seems like forever!  Everytime I go to a dealership I get a different answer about when they are coming and it keeps getting pushed back.  If they don't hurry up I'm going to get a pathfinder instead!  gggrrrr.

Sorry, it got away from me.  :-[  Part of hubbies issue with having another dog is that we don't have an suv yet but I'm losing patience with getting one.  Besides, i'm forced to drive my hubby's crappy work car to the dog park because he doesn't want the dog in mine.  It stinks and has no ac.  :P

I know the RAV4 6 cyl is out now! I've seen it here at our dealerships. Good luck! I know Kiah is very happy to have a playmate all the time.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 06:24:01 pm »
It IS a sickness!  I just laughed out loud when I saw this thread....I just came in from meeting with the fountain guy (the person who built the dog's drinking fountain) about expanding it!  Chester keeps disconnecting the pump because he likes to get in to the trough part and drink from the top part...so we can get it fixed so the pump is out of Chester's reach and he can have the whole trough to himself.  My dog is spoiled??  Of COURSE!  Cowboy is a gentleman and drinks properly!

GR8DAME

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 06:45:38 pm »
Our current count is: two parents, one 18 YO son, his girlfriend, one  11 YO daughter, a doberman, a great dane and a greatdane/IW mix, plus my mother. I love our 1991 Chevy Suburban, old boxy ugly thing that it is. All of us can fit in it, along with camping gear, and it can pull our camper, and it runs like a sherman tank!
PS--I am forever finding another dog to add into our mix, but Dale's moniker is Enuffpaws for a reason, LOL.
Stella

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 07:05:24 pm »
PS--I am forever finding another dog to add into our mix, but Dale's moniker is Enuffpaws for a reason, LOL.
Stella

That's too funny!  I was thining of changing mine to NeverEnough  lol ;D

Also, i'm thinking of taking a page from the BPO group book and getting it and saying Surprise! to my hubby when he comes home.  After all, he can't say no if it's already done right? :D  Ssshhhh!!!!!!  Don't tell him but I plan to visit there after picking up my son from school to see if he (the GSD) is up for adoption yet.  Assuming my oldest son hasn't been overloaded with homework.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 07:08:44 pm by Kelly89084 »
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

GR8DAME

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 08:42:29 pm »
'Tis always easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission...
Stella

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 09:05:00 pm »
Hehe...using our method...Macke y came home while my dad was in Washington...H annah we picked up "off the side of the road"...Tick adopted us...Lacey came home from Florida for my grandmother but long story short she ended up with us...Kali we actually had permission for and my dad actually pretty much brought home Sammy.  They can be trained you just have to find the right one that will win him over.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 10:11:04 pm »
We have 6 dogs. I love seeing them laying all around the house or all in one room. I cannot imagine living with out dogs.
 Tell your Hubby "love me love my dogs"
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 10:24:23 pm »
I must be really mean.  Because my answer to getting another dog is that I pay half the mortgage note.  That and I think I am being pretty generous to let him have a say in what dog comes into the house next.

Kat   
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Blair

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2006, 10:37:40 pm »
 I love all my dogs and I always wanted more big dogs. But I dont think I could ever have more then 2 big dogs at a time. I am at my limit with 3 dogs. Maybe its just having a puppy now and realizing how much work they are LOL But I am at the point where I dont want anymore dogs right now  :o Maybe I need help LOL

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 12:56:43 am »
A note on the "Surprise!" thing....... That's how I got Sanity, and while Matt let me keep him, he kind of resents Nee because of it.  So if your SO is the kind to carry a grudge I'd go for the straightforwar d approach.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2006, 10:59:58 am »
Oh my G_D is your husband named Brian and is married to me also?  This is the same issue I am having - it really isn't fair before we got married almost 18 years ago he said he really liked dogs we could always have them and now again 18 years later I realize he really likes OTHER peoples dogs but not ours!!  To much mess.  He claims to have liked our last dog Stoli in fact now that she has passed she is a saint.  however, poor Harley he doesn't even seem to like him - doesn't play with him, pet him or find him funny.  So I over compensate and give him SO much love that I think hubby is jealous.  Also, I really want a second dog I think Harley would enjoy it and I really enjoy dogs.  Of course, if I vacuumed more and cleaned up the poop maybe he would like him more?

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2006, 12:53:16 pm »
I couldn't get to the pound last night but it works out anyway since he's not up for adoption yet.  When I got back home they had updated and said he had to be fixed first.  Works for me!  I've decided that since hubby will know anyway, I'm going to TELL him I'm getting the dog.  It will make everyone's life more easy and something has to be done because HIS dog is driving me nuts with her hyperness (in the house) and pushy clingy need for attention.  Besides, she needs someone to be locked outside with during dinner since I'm no longer willing to pay for HER to eat out.  She ate almost an entire pizza last night.   >:(

Back to the subject.......

It will do all of us some good and perhaps she'd play with someone at the dog park even if it is her own brother or sister.  She needs to be worn out!