Author Topic: Then & Now (Skin Kids)  (Read 1860 times)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Then & Now (Skin Kids)
« on: March 01, 2006, 12:07:00 pm »
We are always posting pics of the fur babies and I thought it would be cool to see pictures of our skin kids.  My only son is now 22.  He was born two months premature, weighing in at 4 lbs. 13 ozs.  By his due date you would have never known he was a preemie and he now stands over six feet tall.

Cindy

Kiahpyr

Re: Then & Now (Skin Kids)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 05:58:39 pm »
Here's my daughter the day she was born. The next 2 pictures are of her and her puppies taken today. She's 2.5 years old and is in full blown terrible twos!!!

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 09:40:04 pm »
Here is my "Babylove" Zachary Harkness at 4 days in his hospital photo and then his 18 month photo taken Feb.21st with his bear (for the first 12 months I did it every month with the bear, now just every 6), and the last one...my Zac in the box also on 2/21.
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 10:35:19 am »
Sighhh, what beautiful babies...and handsome adults...

Maybe someday for Rob and I...Or maybe just more animals of the furry variety.   ;)

Julie

Don't rush it!  I waited until I was almost 33 before I had Zachary.  I don't regret it a minute, I had TOO much fun in my 20's.   :o <giggling>
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 10:49:45 am »

I waited until I was almost 33 before I had Zachary.  I don't regret it a minute, I had TOO much fun in my 20's.   :o <giggling>

I have to chime in here and say that there are also great advantages to having children at a young age (I was almost 20).  Although there were some lean times having a child young worked out great for me.  Now that I'm in my early 40's my child rearing days are over. 

I will say that the biggest factor for having children for me was being home with my son.  Even as a single mother for much of his childhood I always made sure that I was there to put him on the bus in the morning and there when he got off.  It wasn't easy and we didn't have nice things but we had each other; which in my opinion is way better than all the material things that kids have today.

Cindy

P.S.  I love the pictures!  Keep them coming.

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 09:00:34 am »
I did both, had Nick when I was 23, and then Casey when I was 31, and 23 was easier. I had more patience then...

But anyway, here is Nick now, at 18. I don't have a scanner, so no pics of when he was a little kid are on the puter.

And Casey at about 3, and the blonde bombshell now, at 11.
Stella