Author Topic: Camping!!!  (Read 22932 times)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Camping!!!
« on: May 25, 2005, 07:34:45 am »
Here are some pictures from our camping trip. Judge LOVED the boat rides. Whenever we went out without him he would sit on the shore and whine. Poor Baby!! He was really upset whenever my neice took our kids out on the lake. He is so protective, as soon as Olivia( my 2 year old) was back on shore he wasnt so upset but he really didnt like his baby out there on the lake.
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Camping!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 07:39:28 am »
One more!! :-[ Oh yes and a freind for Judge. He went NUTS when we saw this bear on our way home. I think the bear would have had a run for his money if Judge could have gotten out of the truck. Makes me feel a lot safer knowing Judge would protect us if we ever came across a bear while camping.
Karen

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 07:52:46 am »
Judge says, "Oh camping, my favorite!  Oh boating, my favorite!  Oh Olivia, my favorite!  Oh bears, my favorite!"  I can just hear him now!   I yub Judge!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 07:53:12 am »
Way cool!...We camp also & I am hoping & praying that Samson does well with us when we go or that will be the end of camping for me. :(

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 07:59:08 am »
great pictures!
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 08:24:32 am »
OMG! Where do you live that you got that close to a real bear?? I'm am obsessed with bears (hence our dog's name) and would love to see a real one in the wild!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 08:42:52 am »
Nice pictures....I can't wait to go camping!

Kandi

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 08:47:05 am »
jabear We live in Kirkland Lake in Northern Ontario.  We have a real big problem with bears here. Last year we had one in our front yard. They are not scared at all. I had to call the police to come and scare it away. :-[ I was getting the kids out of the car when I saw him and I had to run in the house. David and Katey were still in the car and I was worried that they would get out.Thank goodness they were asleep. The police were really annoyed but I didnt know what else to do. They scared him away for me and everyone was safe. That is another reason we decided on a BIG DOG. Bears usually will stay away if you have a dog. The bear in the picture was just on the outskirts of town. We saw him again yesterday He was just hangin out I guess. I hope he stays on the side of the road he is just a baby and I wouldnt want him to get hit by a car.
Karen

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 09:33:06 am »
Such beautiful pictures of Judge!!! My pups love to go camping with as too! We just need the weather here in Nova Scotia to warm up a little and STOP raining!!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

GR8DAME

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 11:32:45 am »
We camp with the family in a 12' pop-up camper, and the big dogs are a real hit with other campers. We have people cruise past the campsite just to see the dogs. My crew all pretty much love the water and the outdoors.
Stella

Offline new2saints

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 03:41:35 pm »
We also have a 12 ft pop-up and want to take Bailey along camping.  Our's does not have air, so I am worried about keeping her cool while camping.  Do you just keep a fresh supply of water for them?  What else do you do to make sure they don't overheat?  Thanks,

new2saints

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 04:23:13 pm »
WOW Karen! I am sure the bears are a real annoying problem to have but I just may have to make a visit up to Canada just to see a real live bear in the wild. I am sure Bear would love to meet Judge too.  ;)
I'll post some pics later of Bear camping. He loves to hike and camp by the lakes/rivers. He's such an outdoor guy!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 04:37:28 pm »
We LOVE to camp!!! We always take Cabeza, and he's really well-behaved. We always camp somewhere near water, so he doesn't have any problem staying cool.

I wish we had bears here, too, jabear! I'm also obsessed with seeing a real, live, bear! My boyfriend is Canadian, and he's always like, "Oh, big deal. I"ve seen a zillion bears." Ha!

I don't know what Cabeza would do if he saw one, though!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 06:55:22 pm »
Hey!  Thanks for creating the "camping" post!  That is so neat that you did that.  Now we will have a place to put some camping photos after this weekend.  I am not used to everyone loving their dogs as much as I do. 
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 08:05:16 pm »
I forgot that the U.S long weekend was this weekend. Ours was last. We didnt have any touble with Judge out at the lake but we were about 20 miles back in the bush.( The guys idea of a great camping trip not ours. Its a May 24 ritual.) There were no other campers around and we were at our own lake. Were we live there are so many lakes that we go out and pick the lake we want to camp at. Judge slept outside the camper and drank from the lake. Its spring fed so the water is really clean. We bring everything we need. This year was beautiful but most years we get snow or lotsa rain and cold.
Hope everyone brings us back some nice pictures from your weekend!!
Karen