Author Topic: Passion taking over?  (Read 5210 times)

will

Re: Passion taking over?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 12:23:08 pm »
joe,
i hear ya. i miss the music, myself. 
i've heard excellent things about playing covers in bars on the weekend.  you get the live experience playing music that inspires you and i've heard you can make awesome money.  i think you could make a nice living doing the sessions thing and then have a cover band on the side playing live on the weekend. i think that would be awesome.  and like i said you wouldn't have to leave your home months on end for touring.  i don't think you'd have to necessarily move to city like memphis or nashville.  nashville's pretty saturated with talent, so a lot of people play for free (tips).   there's some cities and even towns that have awesome music scenes.  athens, ga - savannah, ga,  charleston, sc, raleigh/chapel hill, nc.  there out there and i'm a firm believer that you don't necessarily need to live in L.A., New York or Nashville to be a successful musician.  You should do a cover of "rusty cage" for sure.  that is one of my favorite soungarden tunes.  i heard johnny cash's version on the way to work this morning..

Offline Smaug

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Passion taking over?
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2006, 08:25:36 pm »
I grew up in Hilliard, FL.  It is amazing you said the music was taking off in that area.  I am a huge fan of Skynyard so it would be too cool for me to move back to my roots and groove.  Just a dream but who knows.  Thank you very much for the insight and keep on rockin.

Joe