Author Topic: Getting a Cane Corso.. advice and tips welcome!  (Read 4739 times)

Offline DoggieMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Getting a Cane Corso.. advice and tips welcome!
« on: March 06, 2006, 07:27:40 am »
 ;D

Hi everyone!

I am new here! My name is Kirsten, and I am from beautiful British Columbia, Canada! I found this board whilst seaching for info on the beautiful Cane Corso breed.

I am getting a CC puppy this week, and I am very excited!
I also have a golden retriever and cats.

My boyfriend has had a chow before, so is experienced with more difficult to handle dogs.

How do you all find life with your CC's? Do any of you have other pets? We want our girl to be very friendly with our family, other pets and friends, and aloof with strangers but not agressive. And protective of our house of course!

Well, I hope to find out more about these sweet darlings, and wish me luck with our new baby girl! I can't wait till shes home. I will be posting a million pics I am sure.

Hehe!

Oh, what toys/food/etc are best for this breed? My golden loves fetch, but I do not know alot about this breed other than general temperment etc. There were no book at the bookstore about them! poo!

???

;D

Kirsten

Kiahpyr

Re: Getting a Cane Corso.. advice and tips welcome!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 07:50:07 am »
Welcome aboard! I'm April and I am owned by Kiah a 1 year old great pyrenees and Kitana a 15 week old mix puppy. I also have 3 cats and 2 bearded dragons.

I don't have any advice on the breed. The only thing I do know is to socailize your puppy from the very beginning and start obedience training at very young age. Good luck and I can't wait to see picutres!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a Cane Corso.. advice and tips welcome!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 01:30:51 pm »
Congrats to both of you one your new or soon to be new puppies.   :)

I love the CC and have them on my list of future dogs I would like to get.  I agree that early socialization and training is extremely important in this breed, and get them exposed to as many things and people and situations as possible while young.  Also important is going to a reputable breeder who breeds for a GOOD and STABLE temperment.

Good luck on the puppies, and I can't wait to see pics of them.