Author Topic: Fluffy English Mastiffs  (Read 20267 times)

Offline mastiffwanter

• Gnawer
  • My small paw friend and I want a big pawed friend
    • View Profile
    • Bow Wow Links
Fluffy English Mastiffs
« on: May 25, 2005, 10:12:35 am »
:o Have you all heard of the fluffies? If you go to this site you can see the pics www.fluffymast iff.com  
Do you think they would shed less? It doesn't matter, I'm just curious. They are so adorable, and a little more st. bernard looking. Anyway, check it out if you get a second. They even have a pic of a fluffy Bull Mastiff.
If you read on the site it tells you that the reason this site was created was to inform everyone about the fluffies. So I am just helping a little because I think they are cute.  :)
Staci
~Staci

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Fluffy English Mastiffs
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 10:24:05 am »
Adorable. It looks a bit like a chit su (SP???  :-[ ) How cute.
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 10:28:10 am »
Long hair is recessive in Mastiffs.  It is not undesirable or any less of a pure mastiff.  I would be careful with a breeder that has somehow found a way to only breed long hairs especially since they are not registering with AKC.  I am not saying the breeder is definately mix breeding but there is always the possibility.  If you want a long haired mastiff I would find a reputable AKC breeder to talk to and find out if their dogs have every thrown any long hairs. 
I do think the long hairs are beautiful and probably seem to shed more due to the longer hair.  My mastiff doesn't seem to shed much at all but she is still a pup and this is her first summer out of the whelping box. :)

Emily
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 10:36:36 am »
I visited a mastiff breeder that had a few fluffy mastiffs in her litter.  I asked her about the shedding and she said that they shed about the same as a non fluffy mastiff.  I don't know if I believe that or not...then i've also heard that it is a possibility that they will blow their long hair when they get older.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline mastiffwanter

• Gnawer
  • My small paw friend and I want a big pawed friend
    • View Profile
    • Bow Wow Links
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 09:17:40 am »
sounds wondefull, thank you all for your comments. I was just curious!
Staci
~Staci

Offline FluffyMastiffs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • FluffyMastiff.com
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 11:10:51 am »
I have two fluffs here and I don't think they shed as much as the standard coats do.  Of course, I've never had a standard coat, but going by all the standards I have met, my two shed a bit less.  They are harder to groom though as that fluffy hair tends to tangle around the ears, tail, and skirt area.