Author Topic: I'm gonna be "overdoggin it" for awhile!  (Read 3141 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

I'm gonna be "overdoggin it" for awhile!
« on: March 03, 2006, 03:21:02 pm »
Well, my sister got some bad & costly news...Their well has run dry so they have no water...They are finding someone to come in & dig a new one but for awhile they have nowhere for their dogs to go unless they board them...Well, joining my Great White Trio will be Chopper the neurotic, nervous Collie & Honey the bossy "somekind of Mix"...lol...We think Beagle maybe...Well, this should be interesting because Pippin tend to be a bit territorial (no!...not a Pyr right?...lol!) & Rosie tried to kill my uncle's dog the last time I sat for her...In Rosie's defense & after further review my uncle's dog "started it" but didn't have the strength & youth to back up her bark...The 1st & only time Rosie met Chopper she jumped the baby gate to the kitchen to beat Chopper up after hours of Chopper pacing, barking & just being a general annoyance...Ro sie has never met Honey...Oh, this should be interesting! ::)...Samson, I think, would get along with the devil himself after he got to know him...lol..so that shouldn't be a problem...Did I mention that Pippin & Chopper have had a few minor tiffs in the past too?...Well,I am rambling here...sorry!...I just need some fingers & paws crossed that this won't be the puppy playdate from h*ll!!!!!!!!!!!!...I will keep you all updated!

lins_saving_grace

Re: I'm gonna be "overdoggin it" for awhile!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 03:22:52 pm »
Well, my sister got some bad & costly news...Their well has run dry so they have no water...They are finding someone to come in & dig a new one but for awhile they have nowhere for their dogs to go unless they board them...Well, joining my Great White Trio will be Chopper the neurotic, nervous Collie & Honey the bossy "somekind of Mix"...lol...We think Beagle maybe...Well, this should be interesting because Pippin tend to be a bit territorial (no!...not a Pyr right?...lol!) & Rosie tried to kill my uncle's dog the last time I sat for her...In Rosie's defense & after further review my uncle's dog "started it" but didn't have the strength & youth to back up her bark...The 1st & only time Rosie met Chopper she jumped the baby gate to the kitchen to beat Chopper up after hours of Chopper pacing, barking & just being a general annoyance...Ro sie has never met Honey...Oh, this should be interesting! ::)...Samson, I think, would get along with the devil himself after he got to know him...lol..so that shouldn't be a problem...Did I mention that Pippin & Chopper have had a few minor tiffs in the past too?...Well,I am rambling here...sorry!...I just need some fingers & paws crossed that this won't be the puppy playdate from h*ll!!!!!!!!!!!!...I will keep you all updated!

Good luck!  I'm sure the dust will settle once they get use to the situation

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 04:51:06 pm »
I sincerely hope so Lins!!...They will be here in a couple of hours...Did I mention my dogs only have free roam of 2 rooms?...They have 3/4 an acre fenced in for playing...The house is for relaxing in...I hope my sister's dogs get it...I am afraid this is going to be a juggling act! :-\

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 05:19:53 pm »
Good luck!  You may not be on here much...being the ref. and all!  Paws and fingers crossed that everybody adapts and gets along.  How long do you 'get' to do this???

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 09:05:51 pm »
Hopefully all will go well. Fingers and paws crossed!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 12:51:53 am »
Well, they found another place for Chopper the Collie...So, it's just Honey tonight...Rosi e only tried to kill Honey twice tonight...I was pretty happy with that...lol...P ippin who is what I thought my dog agressive dog was totally suckered in for a pair of deep brown eyes...lol...B oth Pippin & Samson were in love with little Honey...She is a sweetie but Rosie of the Great White Trio sensed competition I think...lol... I will post a few pics tomorrow sometime. :-\ :)

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 07:37:37 am »
I'm glad that it is going better than you thought it would. But Dang, Girl, that's  a tough situation ,good luck!
Stella

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 11:17:12 am »
I'm glad that it is going better than you thought it would. But Dang, Girl, that'sĀ  a tough situation ,good luck!
Stella
Well, my BIL decided he would stay home with the animals & just bring them water from the neighbors & shower & stuf at his mom's so Honey is going home...Chopper & Honey are pretty bonded so I am glad they will be together...We had fun with her though!...She is such a sweet little dog!...I am glad my boys did well with her & Rosie could at least be in the same room with her for the most part...We will keep working on it as my sister's family & us spend alot of time together in the spring & summer...Here's a pic of Honey for ya's!...The shelter thought she might be Cocker Spaniel & German Shepard...She is really long with short legs...What do you guys think she might be?

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 10:50:17 am »
I love your new avatar!!! Sampson looks so regal. I'm glad things went well with the visitor.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 10:54:05 am »
I love your new avatar!!! Sampson looks so regal. I'm glad things went well with the visitor.
Ty April!...Sammy has always looked regal even as a younger puppy...Now Pippin, he's my little doofus...lol!...He is so silly!...If ever I can get him side by side with the other two for a pic I swear I'll fall over! :D

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 01:56:09 pm »
Honey looks like she has Dachshund in her, but i dunno what else. MAYBE beagle or Basset. the longer coat could come from the Doxies, they come in either smooth, wire or long coat. a very pretty and mysterius (SP!) dog! she's a looker! how big is she??? maybe some sort of spaniel. i really don't see the terrier-i dunno. i am blabbering so i am gonna shut up now.

Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 02:22:25 pm »
She's about 35 lbs. now....Everyon e that meets her thinks she must have Doxie in her...I think Spaniel too...Isn't that a Spaniel type tail?