Author Topic: 8 Below  (Read 3527 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
8 Below
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:49:33 am »
I saw 8 Below this weekend.  The movie with the snow dogs that fend for themselves for months in Antartica.  It was cute, a tear jerker but definately long.  It is worth going to see in the theater but take a coat, all the snow will make you cold.  Plus, one of the main dogs was named Maia, how could I not see the movie.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline mal-coholic

• Ankle Biter
  • My beloved mal
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Below
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 09:01:27 am »
Can't wait to see it too  :)

Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.

Offline guyrk

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 02:32:16 pm »
it looks like a wonderful movie beautiful filming!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 09:29:07 pm »
ahh, I really wanna see it!! I was supposed to, but everyone wanted to see When A Stranger Calls instead  :-\
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 09:33:47 pm »
I saw it with my twin and little sister. We all bawled our eyes out! Also my friend came to watch the beginning with us because her movie didn't start for another 50 min and she was on a date. Well when it came time to leave she was like, screw him I want to watch this! lol but she ended up going to the other movie. I love that movie and my twin, who's not much of a dog person, was like we HAVE to get this when it comes on DVD.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Smaug

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 10:09:55 pm »
Now I want to see it after what you all have said.  However, I am a man and the tearjercking, (a.k.a. tears) will have to blamed on allergies.  I really am allergic to pollen, but got to ask all the babes out there, how many times have you asked your date or boyfriend if he was crying and he replied no, it's just allergies.  Mightn’t be isolated to me but I thought it would get a laugh anyway.

Offline roxygirl

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 07:24:22 am »
THis was such a gret movie! I took my kids to see it adn they all made fun of me for crying. Such a softee I am. I would highly recommend this movie  :)
Kim
Kim
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue,Inc.

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 07:25:03 am »
I bawled like a newborn baby during a few scenes. I thought it was a fabulous movie, I'll definitely own it when it comes out on DVD. Highly recommended :-)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 08:22:59 am »
Now I want to see it after what you all have said.  However, I am a man and the tearjercking, (a.k.a. tears) will have to blamed on allergies.  I really am allergic to pollen, but got to ask all the babes out there, how many times have you asked your date or boyfriend if he was crying and he replied no, it's just allergies.  Mightn’t be isolated to me but I thought it would get a laugh anyway.

You do not have allergies nice try.  This movie is definately worth shedding some tears, so show you sensitive side and just let it out
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2006, 10:44:35 pm »
I just saw it today... twas so good!!! I absolutely loved it... yet twas sad  :( I did cry =]
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline AgEnTpAwS

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2006, 10:48:31 pm »

I saw it with Mustlovedogs today!!!! It was the best movie ever!!!! Although it was sad ='(

kristi

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 12:28:36 pm »
I have not seen the movie, but my ex wants to take my daughter (6yrs).  ???
I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone, but how many (if any) dogs die? Is it too sad for her to see?
Please let me know!
I'm just concerned due to the fact that we've lost 3 pets in the past year, & she has taken it pretty hard.
My ex doesn't have very good judgement when it comes to this stuff...could be why he's an ex... ;)
thanks-
-k.