Author Topic: Senior Dobe Project  (Read 4407 times)

Dobe SDs

Senior Dobe Project
« on: March 07, 2006, 09:39:04 am »
**** Permission and Encouragement to Crosspost! ****

The Senior Doberman Project is proud to announce our launching of the Sponsor A Senior program!  This is a great way for people to help seniors but don't have the ability to adopt one.  Individuals or groups can donate $30.00 for a month, $360.00 for a year, or any amount in between, and the funds will help people rescuing and fostering Dobes to pay for food, medicine, vet needs, and anything else needed to help make a Senior Dobe happy and healthy.

To Donate/Sponsor A Senior: Visit the Senior Doberman Project website at http://www.doberman911.org/seniors/ for details on how to sponsor a senior.  The Senior Doberman Project is a joint effort by Special Needs Dobermans, The Doberman Digest and the Doberman Pinscher Club of America to help rescue organizations find loving homes for our abandoned seniors.

To List Your Dobe as Eligible for Funds: Dobes eligible for funds must be listed on the Senior Doberman Project website and meet the program's listing requirements.  (The Dobe must be at least 7 years of age, spayed/neutered, and fostered with a reputable Doberman rescue group or animal rescue group).  Organizations receiving funds must agree to send periodic Dobe updates to the sponsor(s).  To list a Dobe with the Senior Doberman Project, visit the "Add Your Senior" page on our website at: http://www.doberman911.org/seniors/dobeform.html.

Thank you and I hope that the Doberman community can really make a difference and help these precious seniors!

- Connie

Connie Martin, Julia West-Boyt, and Leslie (Les) Michell-Young
Managers
Sponsor A Senior Program
Senior Doberman Project

Special Needs Dobermans
www.doberman91 1.org/seniors

I'm asking my family to do this in lieu of a birthday present for me this year -Rebecca & the Gang

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Senior Dobe Project
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 02:51:37 pm »
I've had this site bookmarked for ages.  Unfortunately my honey has put a temporary freeze on adding family members.  I would love to take one of those guys home with me!
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Dobe SDs

Re: Senior Dobe Project
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 04:44:14 pm »
Me too! I think there are a lot of people in our position (want to do more, don't have the room, etc..) That's why I like the idea of being able to sponsor one.  They stay in their current foster or permanent home, they just get some financial help from a "benefactor."  (And we don't have more poop to pick up!)