Author Topic: Center for the Human-Animal Bond  (Read 1358 times)

Nicole

Center for the Human-Animal Bond
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:47:00 pm »
So, when I was checking out Purdue University for the Newfie with HD, I found this and I thought you all would be interested. I just thin that its so cool that something like this exists.
http://www.vet.purdue.edu/chab/

I'm tellin' you guys...Purdue University is truly incredible when it comes to veterinary medicine. They're not simply in it for the research or the symptoms or the cure...they truly seem interested in THE ANIMAL. I've known SO many people that have taken their pets there for emergencies or big deal Surgeries....

I just want everyone to know that Purdue is out there and it ROCKS! There is truly more than corn in Indiana...

Nicole

Re: Center for the Human-Animal Bond
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:33:43 am »
I was reading some of the studies that they've done last night, and I found one where they looked at all of these classrooms with pets and without, and they found that across the board, classrooms with animals in them had far better behaved and empathic kids. hahaha....I got all excited and called Mark in the middle of the night last night to tell him that he NEEDS TO GET A CHINCHILLA AND HIS KIDS WILL BE WAY BETTER!

He wasn't that happy...he was sleeping.  ::)

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Center for the Human-Animal Bond
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 11:07:20 am »
I've had chins and they can make the best pets.  My brother was doing a genetic project and we hand raised all the new babies.  The used to sit on our shoulders...bu t if he does make sure it's handraised and friendly.  I think it's good for the students to learn responsibilty and it's something for them to look forward to and a reward even.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties