Author Topic: Please help me  (Read 3420 times)

Offline jesus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Please help me
« on: May 26, 2005, 08:10:39 am »
I'm new to this forum.  And on a sad note, I have to ask for your help with my situation.

I have a 3 yr. old German Rottweiler named "Duty".  I've been fostering him since January of this year with the hopes of finding a good home for him.  Reason being, I can't keep him because first, I am handicap, I can't walk him because both my legs get tired very so I can't provide daily exercise and maintenance.  Also, unfortunately I live on  a fixed income and he deserves to be care for much better than what I am able to.  I don't know if this forum helps folks with situation such as mine, but I would really appreciate whatever help I can get.

It breaks my heart to not be able to keep him but I'm sure there is someone out there that will love him, play with him and just return all that unconditional love that he is willing to give me every day.  He's very friendly, he's just a big clown.  He loves to get his belly rubbed all the time.  He likes to lay right on top of your lap.  He has a great and helathy appetite.  He's neutered.  He loves to go on walks and to romp in the park.  He's very obedient.  He listens.  He loves his doggie bones.  He has an igloo home, a leash and chain and also a harness for the car ride.  He loves to take car rides.

Duty and I live in Northern California in Contra Costa County.  I hope someone can help me.  I can be reached at jesusdperez834@yahoo.com.

Thank You,

J.D. Perez

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 02:52:15 pm »
You are a good person to give Duty such love.  I'm sure someone will gladly take him on!  He sounds marvelous!!!

Good lucK!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 03:42:29 pm »
Hi J.D and welcome to this wonderful place. I for one live in NC and dont know anyone in CA except for the people on here, but the people here are of the BEST sort. If you have a pic of him, that would be of help I am sure. Also have you contacted some kind of "rotti" rescue, maybe they can help, or did you get him from there in the first place. I am sorry to hear about your situation, and fully understand your problem with both the excercise issue and how it is really costly to keep our big dogs. Maybe someone on here is interested in adopting a rotti, or know someone who is. Good Luck and if you can please post a pic of him, so we can all awwwww over him.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jesus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 10:52:31 pm »
Hi Marit,

Thank you ever so much for your kind words.  I really hope that I can find someone to adopt and give him the love he deserves.   I've found out that he could be flown across the country to settle in his new home, wherever that may be.  Just let me know.  or  I'm going to try to download a picture of this wonderful being.  You know I had to go to the doctors' today and he just sat by the rear end of my backyard fence and I guess he didn't move until I got back in the house.  I felt so bad for him.  He doesn't eat his food until I return home.  He's such a good boy.  I've been giving him soft food at nite time and I was told that I could give him Brewers yeast with garlic so that the fleas stay away from him and it looks like he's getting better with the flea problems.  I've combed him  recently and all that I got was a couple of fleas from his entire body.  If it is warnmer tomorrow morning I'm going to bathe him out back.
There is a question I have for the foreum though.  I've noticed that the flies lay on his coat alot and I'm wondering is there something I can put on him so that the flies don't bother him.  I just hate to have them just sit on him. I hate flies.  This is the first summer here in Contra Costa County that I have got alot of flies in the backyard.  I would like to get an electric zapper for those nasty flying bugs but unfortunately my financial situation does not allow it.  I just don't know how to get rid of them.  Do you or does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks again for your concern and your nice words for me and "duty."

Sincerely,

Jesus & "Duty"  :)

Offline jesus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 10:55:20 pm »
Hello newflvr,

Thanks very much for your kind words.  I'm going to try to download a picture of "Duty" so that people can take a look at this wonderful "being".  Hopefully someone will be adble to adopt him.

Sincerely,

Jesus & "Duty" :)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 11:04:47 pm »
It would be great if you could post a pic of him Jesus, and for the flies, there are different sprays, you can use, they have them in pet stores. I actually used to use the ones for horses before when I had horses and lived out on the horse farm. The horse stuff is better than the dog products. just be careful not to over use it. And garlic is supposedly very good for the nasty fleas, they also have a good topical treatment thats called "top spot" you can get it at petsmart or I am sure other pet stores, that will pretty much get rid of and prevent fleas (all stages) and ticks. And it is a lot cheaper than the other brand names, without cutting back on the quality. He sounds like a wonderful dog, I hope someone can help you with your situation. It is a whole lot of great people on here, so lets cross out fingers.

Marit

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 11:29:10 pm »
Hi Jesus, well it sounds like you really love this dog.  Not knowing about your disability, such as, can you pick up items, lean over, are you in a wheel chair, makes me wonder if there could be a way for you to keep him.  Maybe there is someone in your family that could help on his walks.  Maybe there is a professional that can help you train him to help you.  Maybe there is a different avenue that you could explore.  Maybe there is someone that would love to help you take care of him.   I trained my dog to pick up anything I drop and hand it to me and I am just a regular dog lover.  Big dogs are very intelligent.

Just a thought.
Peggy

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 11:34:20 pm »
Good thinking.... If anyone can give you tips about how to train your dog, so you could keep him I would say it is pndlake..... If it is at all possible wouldnt that be a great thing Jesus???

Marit